Selling the truck...the plan

Cablefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided to put my truck up for sale, most likly ebay, and should be able to sell it for what I'm asking. The issue I am having is closing the actual transaction. I owe money on the truck and was curious how I would go about how to put together the transaction. My loan is through Bank of America and there is no branch in the state of Indiana. I was going to have th title sent to a local branch but with no branch I have to do the following per the bank.

Whom ever buys the truck would send the payment to my bank and the bank would wait three days for the funds to clear before releasing the title. I would assume a bill of sale signed by both parties and notorized would follow the transaction?

My only concern is handing the keys over to someone when the funds must take three days to clear. In the past I have just always had the title sent to a local branch and completed the transaction that way. Anyhow...just trying to get my ducks in a row before I put the 10 up for sale. Thanks for any and all help. Cheers!!!

man, is that complicated in the US... we go to the bank, transfer money and hand over keys... just as simple ... :confused: :confused: :confused:

wait for the funds to clear before handing anything over! you might be able to transfer from bank to bank electronically, it all depends on your bank and BOA.

Negative on paypal....the fee would be crazy. I plan on selling the truck for $26K. I have not seen very many 05 RC's on e-bay lately and silver seems to be a rare color for that year. Agreed on funds clearing I guess I would need to work with the buyer to ensure a smooth process. I just did'nt know if anyone had a smooth process they have done in the past similar to mine.

And yes...I will have items to sell off the truck but right now I'm trying to get the truck market ready before I sell whats left over. So stay tuned for aftermarket parts up for grabs.

sorry, never sold anything that big on ebay. $26. sounds about right. that's what I paid for mine with 13k miles on it.

hmmm. might be interested in mids, are they cats or no cats?

No cats....best mod ever though...bang for your buck wise. If I had two mods to choose it would be an aftermarket shifter and catless mids hands down. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back