Send it out or buy my own??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Itch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dontknow: I just ordered my CAI and catch can from Justin. :rock: :rock: :rock: I like the look on Brat’s big red...:top: I’m still torn about whether to send out for a flash or buy the programmer. Anyone have a list of the pro and cons of the 2 options other than the $450.00+- difference in price, which in itself has me asking this question?:confused: If you have a programmer would you suggest I get one or not? I don’t plan to modify this truck too much but I may go with an exhaust change later in life.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

A couple of vendors are offering the SCT handheld programmer. There are a couple threads talking about it. That's one more thing to consider.

Not sure if this is true, but I've 'heard' the dealer can tell when the ECM has been Reflashed. If there is any truth to this, then I suppose it could affect a warranty with the wrong dealer. Again, I simply do not know if this is true.:dontknow:

If you buy a replacement ECM and just swap it with the stocker, then you can just reinstall the stocker should you need warranty service. This route will cost you a bit more cash.

As for ease of use, I have an SCT XCalibrator2 with a couple of aftermarket Tunes that I use on my Focus, and it works great! Only takes 10 minutes or so to save the stock tune, then download the performance tune to the car's ECM. Just as easy to go back to stock too. Again, I really don't know how this would affect my warranty should I have problems, but my Focus runs soooo much better with the new Tune (Start up, Idle, Driveability, and better MPG's), I'm willing to take the chance.

I bought a new ECM from DC for my Viper, but that was before the programmers were available.

Either way you go, the Flash for the trucks is worth it! You can Feel the power!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back