Servalance camera

linemup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my shop has been brocken into again while we were out of town working. This time they got a few transmissions I rebuilt and the heads and offenhouse intake for my 350 rocket, the radiator from my z71 'that they stole the wheels off of a while back' and the seats out of my brothers Honda crx. The bastards for some reason also found some spray paint and painted on the z71 and my supra! They probably sold most of the stuff for scap.

I want to put up cameras, video or pic. But here's my problem, the shop is where my parents house burned down several years ago and we don't have electricity at the shop anymore. So does anyone know af a camera that is battery powered that has night vision and not flash or something that the would notice and steal it too? Maybe a hunting camera or something? Someone was telling me about a trail camera that emails the photos instantly. I'm not shure how that would work without any Internet service close?:dontknow:

Any ideas?

On a side note I made some jack rocks and put them out before I left and the picked up four of them so I'm sure the had atleast one flat tire. Didn't do any good though without someone to catchem!

If they see it they will prolly take it too. I want something they won't see but will see them or there truck. So I'll know who's door to knock on.

check out some of the wildlife cameras out there ,,,they have some that run on batteries and will trip a shutter with a motion sensor

linemup said:
Hmmm. I may be able to make that work.

That crap aint gonna work. Trust me
Also has no way to record. That will just view

linemup said:
If they see it they will prolly take it too. I want something they won't see but will see them or there truck. So I'll know who's door to knock on.

Who cares if they see it??? If they see it, it sees them lol

My cousin put up fake cameras along with real camera all over this car wash.

You want them to see them, but if they see there are a lot of them, they figure it too risky because they will be taped. put up signs also.

I cant give you advise on a model or anything, but dont buy something cheap. We have (at the time anyway) super expensive cameras at our business and all they do is let us watch people steal shit. Buy good cameras or you are wasting your money. We are going to upgrade our stuff here very soon and catch the thieving bastards that are stealing our stuff.

Have you considered solar powered cameras with wireless link to the house?

Well that's the thing. The house I'm building is a little over a half mile down the road, and that's out of range for most wireless systems I've found. But I'm going home this weekend and will do something for sure!

linemup said:
Well that's the thing. The house I'm building is a little over a half mile down the road, and that's out of range for most wireless systems I've found.

Not those crappy wireless cameras. Do a search for "Video Link"
You can go miles with some of them

yellowfever#154 said:
I cant give you advise on a model or anything, but dont buy something cheap. We have (at the time anyway) super expensive cameras at our business and all they do is let us watch people steal shit. Buy good cameras or you are wasting your money. We are going to upgrade our stuff here very soon and catch the thieving bastards that are stealing our stuff.

The way to go now are IP based cameras. You get a HUGE resolution. You can zoom in alot better than the analog cameras. The downside is you need a server with alot of hard drive space to store all those HUGE images.
When I redo my house, this will be what I am going with.

EVER GONE HUNTING? PRETEND YOU LEFT AND SIT INSIDE WITH THE SHOTGUN. USUALLY IT IS SOMEONE THAT KNOWS YOU AND IF EVERYTIME YOU LEAVE, IT HAPPENS.... NOT GOOD. DONT TELL ANYONE AND FAKE A 2 DAY VACATION AND DONT MISS WHEN THEY COME IN. LOL

Ehe best approach would be trip wire and shoutguns aimed at knee level...But I would recommend you get some really good ideas from the Movie SAW:D Yeah thats it SAW:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back