Servicing Trans & Rears myself?

vipertrkmaui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or better I take it to Stealership? LOL borrowed that from a member....
So doing the usual servicing like I have been for the past 8 years of ownership of my 2006 RC w/20K miles and never ventured to checking the Oils of the Manual Six speed transmission oils or the rear oils which is all stock. Should I? or?:dontknow: Darn wouldn't know where to look and where to add the Oil.....hmmmm SRT-10 Viper Engine 10cyl
Have couple symptoms : Hard time shifting from 2 to 3rd and starting to get a little hum right under my seat LOL coming from the trans....

Last edited:
I think, with the Hum sound, you are to late for a service.You need a rebuild. Might get away with just bearings and seals. Drive it to much and you will need gears.........just sayin'

I would personally change them out and see how your noise and gear change is affected. Use Mobil1 ATF in tranny for better shifting, use factory fill gear lube for rear differential with bottle of friction modifier for clutch packs/limited slip.
Give it a couple weeks and see how your tranny shifts then. As mentioned it could be bearings and syncs but you'll know after you service your tranny. Good luck but with only 20k I think you're fine bro. :burnout:

YEP so took my truck to a transmission shop but they dont do manuals only automatic trans but he said YUP need a rebuild......OMG really....just like slitherbeast said..
So any ideas of getting it rebuilt...OOOOPS I F---edup its a SIX Manual T56 tremelec
Do I pull it and ship it out of Hawaii to West coast? Thanks a bunch

Change the fluids.
Why pull it and have it rebuilt for thousands without trying $100 worth of fluid first?
I used Redline in mine and Mobil 1 gear oil in the rear end.

So finally yanked my T56 trans out of my 06 RC and ready to be sent over the pacific ocean to someone (would you believe no one in hawaii want tackle the rebuilt) well except the one guys said OHHHHHH yeaaah I will give it a shot....
Any Ideas where I can send it (hopefully west coast) total rebuilt for higher RPMS, I am open to any other Mods to this T56, heck might as well put in a better Clutch system so any suggestions for that as well. You folks rock this room for me and I am grateful youʻall...Oh yes VENOM I got my one good eye on that Carbon fiber drive shaft hehe (((hmmm I wonder what is shipping for that to hawaii is))hmmmm)))))

So finally yanked my T56 trans out of my 06 RC and ready to be sent over the pacific ocean to someone (would you believe no one in hawaii want tackle the rebuilt) well except the one guys said OHHHHHH yeaaah I will give it a shot....
Any Ideas where I can send it (hopefully west coast) total rebuilt for higher RPMS, I am open to any other Mods to this T56, heck might as well put in a better Clutch system so any suggestions for that as well. You folks rock this room for me and I am grateful youʻall...Oh yes VENOM I got my one good eye on that Carbon fiber drive shaft hehe (((hmmm I wonder what is shipping for that to hawaii is))hmmmm)))))

If you don't mind shipping to Texas I have one of the worlds best T56 builders right here bud. I can take care of your clutch and hydraulics as well. Shoot, send the whole truck and get it back faster, and better looking ;)
Shoot me an email at [email protected]

PM Trainman on the transmission shop he used, his seems to be holding up well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back