Shaking shifter question

IndianaSRT10

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got my truck on Saturday from Woodhouse and finally had a chance to drive it today. Everything is stock for now and was wondering if your RCs had problems with the shifter shaking and vibrating on certain types of roads. On some roads, the truck stays smooth but on other types, the shifter shakes to the point where it's shaking my whole arm. Does an aftermarket shifter usually take care of the shaking or is it just part of ownership experience? I'm still breaking the motor and can't wait to get on it. Thanks.

Mark
06 Mineral Grey RC

You will want to go to Boomers Gen IV shifter the first time you miss third gear in a power shift...go for it now. Contact him at x-metal.com

Remember you have a performance vehicle, not a touring sedan it will shake, the brakes will squeel, and the tires will spin. Love every moment of it.

Welcome to the RBC.

First mod you ever need for a regular cab is Boomer's Shifter. 2nd thing I was told by a few Viper techs to break your truck in like how you normally will drive so drive the wheels off her!!!!!!!

The stock shifter will tear your arm off on the rough roads if you try to keep hold of it.

Boomer's Gen IV shifter will help but it will still shake a little but you will never miss 3rd gear again either.

Post up some pics of the Mineral Gray I'm sure everyone would love to see it. I believe your the first person on here with that color.

The stock shifter shakes like crazy on bad roads and the stock suspension will float as well. Boomer was selling a lowering kit which has higher rate springs and a Gen IV shifter for $1K. I haven't got them yet but they might be the best first investment you make. I'm hoping Santa is listening for me.:D

I have an X Metal shifter - I love it but it is sooo loud - my girlfriend hates it...

Rick doesnt like anyone:dontknow: :D

But yes bro , you cn quieten down the x-metal bro,

step one take a piece of innner tube, fold it, and putit between the base and the handle where the allen heads go.

then take and either put thick rubber bands around the base or wrap it tightly with electrical tape a few rounds.

this willnot cure it , but will make it tons quieter.

also switchin the stock tranny fluid to redline atf d4 will help trremendously.

the stock shifters are very shakey, and ya just can fixem

bigbadsrt said:
I have an X Metal shifter - I love it but it is sooo loud - my girlfriend hates it...

I have a suggestion for your girlfriend and the shifter, and she would really get to love it too...but decorum prevents me from saying another word...

I apologize, I'm just a dirty old man who sits around in cold weather trying to recall things that cause stirings somewhere deep in my soul...

Glad you love the shifter...me too.

Prof said:
I have a suggestion for your girlfriend and the shifter, and she would really get to love it too...but decorum prevents me from saying another word...

I apologize, I'm just a dirty old man who sits around in cold weather trying to recall things that cause stirings somewhere deep in my soul...

Glad you love the shifter...me too.
The rip stick is ribbed for her pleasure! There, I said it :dontknow:

Thanks man...I feel better for saying it...I just don't have any verbal control any more! This getting old stuff is terrible! And thanks for understanding. I just hope that BigbadSRT isn't headed to my house to kick my ass.

O.E.M. - OUT!

243552.jpg
216953.jpg

BOOMER'S GEN-4 IN!

216211.jpg
219536.jpg

And Welcome to the board!

Quick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details