Shifter noise

Begood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone that has a B&M or X-Metal shifter that makes noise contact me. I have an idea that is quick and easy that I would like someone to try.

Bill.

Prof said:
Me Billy.
Roy since you have the later X-Metal it should be the same bolt spacing as my early X-Metal. If I make up some easy to install isolators, would you be willing to pull the handle off and to put them on? They would be easy to install, all you would have to do is remove the handle, put them on each side of the handle where it bolts to the shifter, and bolt it back together.

Then post what you think about it?

Bill.

71dusterjon said:
how much noise you talking about? i could try your idea out but wont be until i get my rear seal fixed.
What shifter do you have?

Bill.

OK than, I will make up a set and send them to Roy to try out. Jon let me know when you get your truck done and I will make up a second set for you to test.

Bill.

Begood said:
OK than, I will make up a set and send them to Roy to try out. Jon let me know when you get your truck done and I will make up a second set for you to test.

Bill.
i'm watching the outcome of this, much easier to do than the other x-metal shifter noise reducer mod you had...... if it works, i'm sure alot of us x-metal shifter guys would be interested. :)

realtrucksrattle.jpg

:D :D :D :D

If you're doing anything for a B&M shifter, I'll test it for ya.

I've got the B&M shifter. Only takes a min to install any type of isolator. I've actually thought about trying a couple things myself to reduce some of the noise.

Chuck B said:
I've got the B&M shifter. Only takes a min to install any type of isolator. I've actually thought about trying a couple things myself to reduce some of the noise.
What is the bolt hole spacing on the B & M shifter. I need center of the hole, to center of the hole. The X-Metal is 3/4".

Bill.

Begood said:
What is the bolt hole spacing on the B & M shifter. I need center of the hole, to center of the hole. The X-Metal is 3/4".Bill.

19mm or for you 'old timers' 3/4" :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back