shifter rattle

pirateman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed my b&m shifter because of the noise. Put my stock shifter back in just like it came out, rubber bushings and all. Now it rattles under acceleration. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Help I hate rattles.

pirateman said:
I removed my b&m shifter because of the noise. Put my stock shifter back in just like it came out, rubber bushings and all. Now it rattles under acceleration. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Help I hate rattles.
Did you do a search? There are several pages on that subject. Type in Shifter noise, And enjoy.

best thing u can do is buy a thin piece of rubber and cut the shifter pattern out to form a gasket and bolt it in. My B*M was noise and i hated it. Took it apart, sunk in silicone and drove around with the bolts half tight through the gears. then tightended everything up and boom no more noise. the rubber and silicone will fix it for sure. I GURANTEE IT.

lukedovichak said:
best thing u can do is buy a thin piece of rubber and cut the shifter pattern out to form a gasket and bolt it in. My B*M was noise and i hated it. Took it apart, sunk in silicone and drove around with the bolts half tight through the gears. then tightended everything up and boom no more noise. the rubber and silicone will fix it for sure. I GURANTEE IT.
are you talkin' about the shifter handle too or just the base ?:dontknow:

moparracing said:
are you talkin' about the shifter handle too or just the base ?:dontknow:
I can remove the handle and go down the road and no noise. With just the base mounted no noise.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back