Shifting Issue 05 QC

chrisguidry04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm in low rpms ,driving normal, when the truck shifts to 2nd it has a little hesitation like it doesn't know what gear it wants to go in...that seems to be the only gear and if i give it more than 1/4 throttle it shifts fine...anyone else had this problem or know something I don't??

Yep typical auto trans in an 05. Have to replace the pressure solenoids. Easy to do (if you know what to do LOL) The guys that have changed theirs will post up. Very Very common problem.

I think I might have the same problem, but mine seems to be when it goes into 2nd, it goes in with a jerk, but like chrisguidry04 says if I give more throttle it shifts fine. Is the pressure solenoid a fix for my truck. Sorry to invade your post chrisguidry04.

Any other shifting problems yusoslo? Like higher than normal rpm before shifting. I have noticed the jerk is kind of normal but if it happens at higher then normal rpm then you have the same problem as I did.

If I am just cruising the local streets, and the rpm's are at 1500 and trying to shift into 2nd it jerks, but if I'm at 1800 to 2000 rpm's it shifts fine, so lately I have been trying stay on the throttle a little more so it shifts easier. I have been wondering if this jerking is normal. Might it be better if I was to shift down into 2nd gear or 1st gear if I am doing alot of city driving/ cruising the local strip.

Yea that is somewhat how mine felt, any time i would be going through my neighbourhood it would be in first then kindav clunk into 2nd then felt like i let off the gas and it would drop back into first then 2nd again. But like you said if i actually was on the gas more then a little it would not do this. Like a lot of guys say on here also in some of the other threads about this even if it dose not fix your problem it still is a great preventative maintenance item, and if it dose you saved yourself money instead of getting the hole tranny dropped and looked at.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back