Shimming Pinion Angle

ViperCLKGTR

Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to drop my ride with V1R's drop(when he gets some avaliable) and was wondering how other '06 QC guys(Haven't heard much on the '05s needing it) are shimming the pinion angle? This has to be the part I'm wondering about the most, the drop seems to be staight forward. Any tips?

Using a pinion angle gauge its simple to see where you need to be. The drop will effect it slightly but fine tuning it helps your tires really bite and prevent any vibration associated with rotation of the differential. :drool:

On my 05 QC I welded spring perches on to correct pinion angle. I posted pics on forum if you want to search.

since i upgraded my auto transmission , i cant get a good grip when launching...
how can we set the pinion angle correct...?
i have the caltracks to prevent wheelhop , but i dont think its like it should be...

Guys my truck was dropped before I bought it and I'm getting the vibration at 70-75 and I need to correct the pinion angle please help with this and tell me what size shims to get

Guys my truck was dropped before I bought it and I'm getting the vibration at 70-75 and I need to correct the pinion angle please help with this and tell me what size shims to get

It is going to vary from truck to truck. Even seems to make a difference on what kind of bushings you have. How much is it dropped? What kind of kit? To truly find out what you specifically need you are going to want to check what degree your current set up is at. Some people have luck with setting it at -2*, some -4*. Others will chime in to help you even further as there are others here who have played with this more than I.

since i upgraded my auto transmission , i cant get a good grip when launching...
how can we set the pinion angle correct...?
i have the caltracks to prevent wheelhop , but i dont think its like it should be...

Drag Radials!! :D:rock::burnout::D The truck is heavy with alot of torque! The tires don't stand a chance!!:D

And don't forget to get adjustable sway bar end links. You might also have something else causing the vibration.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back