SHIPPING, WHO TO USE???

stealth78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well after selling my last 10 and the Viper I've been on the hunt for another 10 for a while. I have purchased a truck in WA and need to ship it to MA. The company that I was originally going to use to ship it has me less than impressed. Has anyone else shipped a truck across the country or any long distance for that matter? If so, recommendations?

If you want it moved correctly it is going to cost a little. I would not go thru USHIP to move a rusted Ford Pinto much less a high end vehicle.
Reliable, Inter City Lines, Passport
All quality haulers that know what they are doing.
Also
O'Leary's Truck Service out of Ft. Collins, CO. Good guy, knows the business. Only 1 truck though, so you'd have to catch him in the right area

Last edited:
If you want it moved correctly it is going to cost a little. I would not go thru USHIP to move a rusted Ford Pinto much less a high end vehicle.
Reliable, Inter City Lines, Passport
All quality haulers that know what they are doing.
Also
O'Leary's Truck Service out of Ft. Collins, CO. Good guy, knows the business. Only 1 truck though, so you'd have to catch him in the right area

Thanks! Ya I have already been in communications with InterCity. To confirm your skepticism of USHIP, when I enter all of the information to get a quote it is actually coming up with a sizable difference from the quote that I got from InterCity when I spoke to them directly :dontknow:. I know InterCity is very reputable but damn.... expensive!

Thanks! Ya I have already been in communications with InterCity. To confirm your skepticism of USHIP, when I enter all of the information to get a quote it is actually coming up with a sizable difference from the quote that I got from InterCity when I spoke to them directly :dontknow:. I know InterCity is very reputable but damn.... expensive!

USHIP is nothing but a web based load board. They own ZERO equipment. Go thru USHIP and you'll get some guy that shows up with a dually p/u and some form of a trailer. Then he will ask you for some blocks of wood so he doesn't scrape your bumper when loading it. The guy will most likely have not bathed in a while.
A quality carhauler will show up with the proper equipment and be clean, wearing clean coverall's

You get exactly what you pay for.

Apparently there is Inter City on USHIP and then the original Intercity. That explains the discrepancy. Anyhow I have decided to go with Intercity (the real one), yes they are a little more pricey but I also believe you get what you pay for. The man I am dealing with is Roy, I highly recommend him! He has actually gone out to arm's length to get this facilitated for me. If anyone needs to ship in the future let me know if you need Roy's contact info. Plus he's got the same first name as my grandfather.... he must be trustworthy! :D

Apparently there is Inter City on USHIP and then the original Intercity. That explains the discrepancy. Anyhow I have decided to go with Intercity (the real one), yes they are a little more pricey but I also believe you get what you pay for. The man I am dealing with is Roy, I highly recommend him! He has actually gone out to arm's length to get this facilitated for me. If anyone needs to ship in the future let me know if you need Roy's contact info. Plus he's got the same first name as my grandfather.... he must be trustworthy! :D

InterCity is the real deal. You will be impressed at the professionalism of the driver that shows up for your ride.

Dont be cheap with shippers. I went with dependable auto shippers. They charged me 1800. They cause 6k in damages and wouldn't cover it. If I woulda known I would have went with reliable auto shippers. They were double on a quote but would have been worth it in the long run.

I'm dependable. And available.

I'll drive it to you in a tux and give you white glove service every step of the way, with daily updates. I'll even wash it in a bikini for your visual enjoyment before I turn over the keys. ;)

I drive tractor trailers for a living, and can say after everything I have seen, I would ship a car with Reliable any day. Enclosed trailers, and professional drivers

I drive tractor trailers for a living, and can say after everything I have seen, I would ship a car with Reliable any day. Enclosed trailers, and professional drivers

100% correct. Reliable is the real deal also.

I had my 70 Charger shipped to me from Louisiana. But for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the company I used. I paid $1,500 for an open trailer delivery. The driver was very professional and careful with it even though it was a real rust bucket.

My buddy used Uship to haul his $50,000 9 year old boat from PA to NC. IIRC, it was around $800 and everything was fine. It really depends on the shipper you use via Uship. Some suck and some are great.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back