Shocks ( for the Millionth time)

sublimeswinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace shocks in my 2/4 lowered 05 QC, Choices are JTSVP no adjustable or QA1's. What are the differences and which will i be happy with for a long time?

I have ridetech adj shocks. I love the handling. Better than the qa1 i had imo. Plus life time warranty

Yes sir. You gotta do some measurements and vehicle weight and they take about 2 weeks or so to come in.

You can try mine out if you like. My truck is gonna be down for a while

did i already answer you on FB?

I ask, since you know the ones im looking at, the QA1 are $650 and adjustable, but the others are not. Is the adjustment and saving $200, worth it to have? Or are the others just that much better, that adjustment isnt needed?

I ask, since you know the ones im looking at, the QA1 are $650 and adjustable, but the others are not. Is the adjustment and saving $200, worth it to have? Or are the others just that much better, that adjustment isnt needed?

i haven't tracked the JTSVP shocks, but to me the QA1's are too soft even all the way up.

honestly, i would put factory bilsteins on it before i tracked the QA1's.

that being said, in the minimal time i drove the JTSVP shocks, i had no complaints.

to me, adjustability is worth paying for but if all you're doing is dropping your kids off at school, why bother?

I been researching this myself and jtsvp shocks are made by jri and are mono tube. Those appear to be the only aftermarket bolt in shock that is made for our trucks based on the size of the shock and shaft. Qa1s are an option but are not as heavy duty, they are also twin tube. They seem to be made for a lighter vehicle. From what I read on here thier valving is off. Those ride techs look nice, they are mono tube but they are a smaller shaft than the jtsvp. The factory bilstien are made for our trucks and tested but I feel like they could be better. I'm seriously considering an adjustable shock but I can't dump $2400 on shocks not happening. So it seems like I'm just going to leave my factory shocks alone for now. From personal experience on my s10 I had dropped it very low with spindles tall ball joints control arms and had the factory zq8 springs with bilstiens and the truck would rub. I changed to single adjustable vari shocks and turned up the dial to 10 or so and it cured the rub and took away the float. Truck rode pretty stiff but all I cared about at the time was being low. Also I have a 70 Pontiac lemans that set-up for autocross/road race and I ran edelbrock mono tubes and they kind of sucked, I blew one out but they just didn't seem all that great, I then changed to twin tube double adjustable affcos and man my car feels good. It's so nice to get a shock that is valved for your spring rates and chassis. I fine tuned compression and rebound for the street and the car feels great. But my car also has a solid lifter cam, solid motor mount, metal Johnny joints, Delrin control arm bushings etc. I feel a lot of the road. So that's my experience. I believe mono tube shocks add a little spring rate to your vehicle because they are under constant pressure and twin tube do not. I am no professional and I have never changed shocks in my ram nor do I know what manufacture is the best to buy shocks from. But if I ever do change shocks I would like to go mono tube adjustable but in the end it's still a 5000 lb truck.

Has anyone tried the adjustable shocks from JTSVP? Do they still offer them?

Oh and by the way... Thanks for your input!!

I have QA1's on my lowered 05 QC. Love the ride. No issues

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back