Short Block/Trans

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I local has a short block with spun rod and crank bearing. He said 2 connecting rods are shot and it needs a crank. Pistons are fine, block is not vented, it just started knocking he shut it down and pulled the engine the next week. It had 60k miles on it. Its bagged up in his garage. It was N/A with no tune and no nitrous. Probably an oiling issue. I got the tip from the performance shop that done the work for him. He also has a T56 with 13k miles on it.

I caught him early and talked him into selling it, but hes not sure where to start with the asking price, and i dont know where to start with the offer.

I want the block to build in the garage while i drive the truck the next year. If i dont buy G-Mans truck this weekend i will need the trans for my truck.

Suggestions please?

JeffBoyette said:
I local has a short block with spun rod and crank bearing. He said 2 connecting rods are shot and it needs a crank. Pistons are fine, block is not vented, it just started knocking he shut it down and pulled the engine the next week. It had 60k miles on it. Its bagged up in his garage. It was N/A with no tune and no nitrous. Probably an oiling issue. I got the tip from the performance shop that done the work for him. He also has a T56 with 13k miles on it.

I caught him early and talked him into selling it, but hes not sure where to start with the asking price, and i dont know where to start with the offer.

I want the block to build in the garage while i drive the truck the next year. If i dont buy G-Mans truck this weekend i will need the trans for my truck.

Suggestions please?

start at $900 for the block, since you dont know the damage to the crank

and $1200 since the tranny will need rebuilding

Stinker said:
start at $900 for the block, since you dont know the damage to the crank

and $1200 since the tranny will need rebuilding

The crank is shot, but i was planning on your 522 rotating assembly anyway. Dont need his pistons or rods. 12k miles on the trans and needs rebuilding?

JeffBoyette said:
The crank is shot, but i was planning on your 522 rotating assembly anyway. Dont need his pistons or rods. 12k miles on the trans and needs rebuilding?
I thought it was 60k on the trans, but with low mileage on the trans, still start around 1k or so, right now everyone needs the money and some stuff can be had cheap;)

but the crank may not be neccessarily shot, it can be turned down usually to 2.100 and still usuable:)

good point, but I thought they were a little hard to find the viper truck trannies, they are a touch more beefy than the viper car trannies?

ebay_95x39.gif
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]eBay sent this message to CARL (belvidere56).
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. [/FONT]

ltCurve.gif
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Seller has responded to your question about this item[/FONT]
rtCurve.gif
iconAlert_32x32.gif
Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Dear belvidere56,

it was from a viper truck .it was standard. it was supercharger.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- elitecarpartz[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.[/FONT]
s.gif
</IMG>

DODGE VIPER SRT-10 MOTOR Item Id:280316675031End time:Feb-27-09 18:38:57 PSt

asked him if it was car or truck.
standard or auto
juice, turbo or supercharged
:rock: :rock: :rock:

505'sFastestViper. said:
same tranny stink
shafts are different in some bo, well from what I was told:dontknow:
told the input shaft was different starting in 04 or 05 dont remember the year perfectly:p

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back