Short Shifter

Beerserker

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on a 04 Ram SRT 10 and love it. Except for the shifter. Does anyone know where I can find a B & M short shifter? I know they are out of production

Used only, or get a Gen1 or 2 JTSVP, I have a gen1 and it is awesome compared to the oe hurst.

I have JTSVP gen2 and its awesome no comparison to hurst. I have I have only had stock and this shifter so no idea about b&m.

Yeah, I just installed the venom gen 2 but my personal preference I think would be the B&M. I like the venom but the shifts are too short. And the hurst was too sloppy. Im strange tho, my favorite shifter of all time is my pistol grip hurst on my '70 cuda. Its also my first short throw shifter in a vehicl

Sorry I dont know where you can find one, but I bought my truck with a B&M short throw already installed and I can tell you that the shift points are VERY short.... I like them like that, great shifter if you ask me, but I am not sure it would be what you are looking for if you dont want very short shifts

Yeah, I just installed the venom gen 2 but my personal preference I think would be the B&M. I like the venom but the shifts are too short. And the hurst was too sloppy. Im strange tho, my favorite shifter of all time is my pistol grip hurst on my '70 cuda. Its also my first short throw shifter in a vehicl

So you have a jtsvp gen2 and wanting to trade it for a b&m or just buy one?

the jtvsp ver 1 is a copy of the b&m so there will be no change in the throw, the ver is a different story

Take the rubber vibration damper out of the hurst and it is a decent shifter.

Really? I think ill try that with the hurst. I just saw a post where someone put a short handle on the stock one as well. I guess it couldnt hurt. I wasnt planning on trading for a B & M but maybe if someones got one might be able to figure something out.

Where the top handle piece bolts to the lower arm.
Remove the boot and you'll see a little leather boot, slide it up, there's the bolts and piece of rubber.

Not to sound stupid but where's the damper at that you remove
Not at all a stupid question. :) It is located underneath the shifter boot (the black leather "tent" that surrounds the shifter and bolts to the console). Once you get that out of the way, you will see that the shifter handle is made up of two pieces. Mopar thought it was a good idea to put a 1" chunk of rubber between those two pieces. It wasn't. Take it out and bolt the two pieces of the shifter handle directly together (remove the damper).

I have a B&M that may be available. I just bought an xmetal shifter and I am going to try that.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back