Shot down on wheel refinishing

bigblack

Reaction score
So I took two wheels with minor curb rash to Wheels America for refinishing. He looked at them and said he thinks they are clear anodized, not clear powdercoated and did not have the ability to strip them. I showed where the coating looked thick(where there was a nick) and he still thought it was anodized. That's only the first problem. He also said even if he could strip, repair and polish it, applying the clear powdercoat would look bubbly due to microscopic pores in the aluminum. Is he smarter than I think or am I getting the runaround? I thought some people on this forum have used Wheels America before. Any thoughts?

where ya at first thing???

just had all 4 of mine done, here in Dallas, no prob at all.

also if ya go to tire rack, go to their installer page find wheels america & there should be a coupon. got all mine done for $109 each

I had mine done locally for about $100 each. They came out great. Sounds to me like you might be getting the run around.

I used rim guard extreme and they did a great job for $100.00 a rim. I would get a second opinion from them if there is one near you.

Do you guys know if the rims are powdercoated? It would help to have facts when I go back. Wheels America is really close to me and I've seen this particular facility do really good work.

Thanks for the coupon tip!

to me, mine were/are powder coated

the chrome on mine is startin to bubble.. i'll probably have them sent off to get refinished before i go to college.

I am getting ready to have mine done and the guy at the powder coating shop said no problem. He said that it is a pain to get the old finish off but it does come off.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back