Shot in the dark

Silver05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a shot in the dark I know my trucks are 2 different animals 1 being it's a 5.9 rt and the other being the Srt 10, but I have cal tracs on my Dakota, and I was still having some traction issues with my ET streets , so I cut the back leaf spring clamps off and added 1 in front of the pack and another slightly right behind it (both on the front of springs) if we cut the back leaf spring clamp and added a clamp to our front snubber to where it's tight up against the pack of the springs this might help with some traction issues, instead of separating and acting as slapper bars and cause the axel to wrap it will just add spring pressure straight up on it , no axel wrap or anything, again just a shot in the dark, maybe add a stronger poly snubber, any one try this or is this a waste of time ?

Cutting the rear spring clamps and adding clamps in front is a old school drag racing mod. Same concept as jmb traction kit just without cutting off the clamps on the rear. There are some cool pics of 70 hemi cudas with alot of air gap in the rear of the spring pac going down the 1/4. I don't know about daily driving on the street don't know if it will put excessive strain on the center pin and let the leafs walk. You wouldn't think so with the front clamped down.

Last year I drove my Dakota from march- November daily, and it's been like this for a couple years now, no movement of the springs, it just allows them to open up and spring forward, is this the stage 1 kit jmb offers ?

I went with the stage 2 on this truck. Had the stage1 on my old truck and liked it alot. Just wanted more this time and you can really tell the difference from the stage 1 but it also has more parts to it so imagine that. lol

Waste of time honestly. I tried everything years ago and hence made our traction system. 1.63 60ft in an NA Quad Cab!

Waste of time honestly. I tried everything years ago and hence made our traction system. 1.63 60ft in an NA Quad Cab!
I didn't think it was a waste of time or money the kit did what I wanted it to do. And I wasn't going to dish out 1200 bucks for your system (not saying your product is bad never used it ) but where I'm at the diesel shops will build me a custom set of long bars like you sell for half that and the jmb kit is about half of a custom set.

Yea I'm thinking the same thing, I don't know the product never tested it , but daaammm $1200 for bars is a bit steep, I can probably order the heims for about $75, and bar for about $150 tops and make the same thing

Yea I'm thinking the same thing, I don't know the product never tested it , but daaammm $1200 for bars is a bit steep, I can probably order the heims for about $75, and bar for about $150 tops and make the same thing

Lol pretty much.

I have JMB's stage 3 and along with caltracs and they both do a great job.

Worth the money on both, but i wouldnt buy just the stage 1.

Anyone have pics of stage 1 installed ? Or where I can find new snubbers for the springs ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back