Should 40k scare me?

Lottotruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a wholesaler friend who I work with on occassion who is making a deal on an '05 QC w/40k miles. I was hoping to find one with less miles than that. I won't have much history on it, except what I see (when I see it on Tuesday). The price should be right in the way low $20's...but it's red.:confused: I was hoping for black, silver or yellow. Oh well. I have found another red one with miles in the low 20k's for just a little more $$ (price is low $20k's plus a trip there and back)...and it's red...;)

Definitely run a carfax on the VIN. That will tell you if it has been wrecked or repaired. Then take it to a mechanic, they even have mobile ones, who inspects it, run the codes on the computer, crawls under it and looks it over head to toe. If both of those are OK, your odds are good. Plus, you can still get a factory warranty as long as it is under 48k miles and 4 years old which it is.

Don't expect 100k trouble free miles. It is going to break - especially b/c in early 2005 there were transmission issues (had 2 05's with tranny probs). But if you are planning on keeping it stock, the warranty should take care of most issues.

My two cents

Dumn question.....

If you want a Black QC, why not talk to Jake....Black1

I would get what you want. Too many things going on like not knowing any of the history, high mileage, not the right color. There is a YF QC with 18k miles on ebay for a buy it now price of $27k. You could probably get it for lower! Here is a link:

LINK

Dont get it.....40,000 miles is alot for these trucks because most people abuse the sheatt out of them! Pay $5k more and get the truck you want.

GILMO'S10 said:
what u got against red trucks???? Where you at in sw fla.???
Nothin' man, I'm just playin'!:p All my vehicles are black (plus I keep hearing from guys on this site that the black ones are the fastest! ;) )!:rock: :burnout:

amtrucker22 said:
I would get what you want. Too many things going on like not knowing any of the history, high mileage, not the right color. There is a YF QC with 18k miles on ebay for a buy it now price of $27k. You could probably get it for lower! Here is a link:

LINK

Yeah, I was eyeballin' that one! I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to find a rear wing though...:dontknow: Plus, those guys seems to have their act together.

Why wouldn't you buy Black1's truck? Is your price range a max of like $21k or something? Sell a kidney if you have to.

It is cheap to get it painted any color you want, just like all used cars you take a risk, but like they said just check it out, and don't get excited while your looking at it because then you won't look at good enough. And I got the extended warranty for only 1300 bucks for an extra 3yrs actually bought the warranty 3 days before it was too late and It only had 16k on it. Dodge warranty if you need the info let me know they'll also tell you how much longer you have before you can't. don't get the third party warranties stay with the manufactuer. But between the limited production and all the totaled R.I.P 10's we starting to get low on avaliable cars. ALso check carmax.com the have 2 or 3.

ChrisAZ said:
Why wouldn't you buy Black1's truck? Is your price range a max of like $21k or something? Sell a kidney if you have to.

Where is Black1? I don't know if I have seen his around here or not.

It seems like finding & buying one in the very low $20's would be a pretty damn good deal!:rock:

Actually, doing a color change is not a cheap endeavor. At least if you are doing the change all the way through the truck....engine compartment, door jams etc. Adds quite a bit of labor.

DevilDawg3097 said:
It is cheap to get it painted any color you want, just like all used cars you take a risk, but like they said just check it out, and don't get excited while your looking at it because then you won't look at good enough. And I got the extended warranty for only 1300 bucks for an extra 3yrs actually bought the warranty 3 days before it was too late and It only had 16k on it. Dodge warranty if you need the info let me know they'll also tell you how much longer you have before you can't. don't get the third party warranties stay with the manufactuer. But between the limited production and all the totaled R.I.P 10's we starting to get low on avaliable cars. ALso check carmax.com the have 2 or 3.

Lottotruck said:
I'm not interested in painting anything. Can't beat the factory paint jobs!:rock:

Absolutly.

Black1, Jake has a fine truck Steve. He just got married and his wife told him the trucks gotta go!!! LOL Just kidding, I dont know. Send him a pm.

The 40k miles truck..............nah, keep looking dude. Get the color you really want, saffron, blue, pink, whatever matches your speedo dude!!:p :D LOL

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back