Should I be worried? DTC P0161

kickinassrt-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning on way to work I got on it one time and when I exited the highway I saw the engine light come on. I figured it was the usual P0158 code because 2 rear cats are gone. When I pulled the code it was P0161 something with O2 sensor heat? Is this most likely just from the 2 missing cats?

I think I'm going to put in the o2 simulator bungs...

It just means there's a failure in your right rearO2 sensor. I had results for years with then zip tied to my frame;)
They still have to be good sensors though.

This morning on way to work I got on it one time and when I exited the highway I saw the engine light come on. I figured it was the usual P0158 code because 2 rear cats are gone. When I pulled the code it was P0161 something with O2 sensor heat? Is this most likely just from the 2 missing cats?

I think I'm going to put in the o2 simulator bungs...

If ur running the SCT tune, you should be getting no rear O2 sensor codes.

It just means there's a failure in your right rearO2 sensor. I had results for years with then zip tied to my frame;)
They still have to be good sensors though.

LOL I have it the same way. I have a SCT tune but you still have to have the 02 sensor in.

Yea I have the SCT tune from Torrie. I clear the code but it still comes back. It used to be P0158.

I read you can put a bag around them and ziptie to frame. I may do this instead.

Sounds like nothing to worry about tho.

Put it in a bag and ziptie it and it will go away. Not right away it takes about 3 time of driving the truck and then it will go off.

Thanks. Thats what I'm going to do.

Besides that I got the truck back from trans shop yesterday and it drives amazing etter then ever. I just need to give it a good bath and 2 new rear tires. One rear is a spare, I tapped a edge and it put a tit on my sidewall that popped a few weeks ago. Why are the sidewalls so weak, second time it happened on same passenger rear. Truck turns like a boat.

Yea I have the SCT tune from Torrie. I clear the code but it still comes back. It used to be P0158.

I read you can put a bag around them and ziptie to frame. I may do this instead.

Sounds like nothing to worry about tho.

Roger. You dont need to put them in a bag. As long as they're plugged in, you should not be getting a rear O2 sensor code. Unscrewing them and strapping them to the frame wont make a difference.

I don't understand why I am getting them then. I was always under the impression Torries tune was supposed to single that out??? Maybe I will write him an email and see if he has an update or something.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back