Should I fix it?

luvsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally found a buyer for my 04 RC. I let him test drive it. He lost control and put it into a wall! ( note to self, no test drives without money in hand) So far it looks like about 10K to fix. No structural or powertrain damage. Would I be better off keeping the 10K from the insurance and parting this thing out or selling it wrecked? I saw somewhere that a new viper crate engine is 26 grand. Any of you guys good with body work and in need of a cheap project?

Sorry, no pics. I could not stand to look at it let alone make a record of the carnage.

:eek:
Sorry bro...I know of an SRT here in town that sold at auction for 15k with 20k worth of damage...Good Luck!

That SUX!!!!!!

Not sure which way would be better...

Sorry to hear about this though...

How much are were you selling it for before the accident? and how much do you want for it now with the current damage?

Russell

I had just dropped the price to 25K. My hope is that I could break even at that. So I guess 15K.

If I get any test drivers I will make them sign a waiver just in case that happens. Sorry to hear about it, what a dumb a$$.

The test driver's insurance is responsible to cover the damage to your truck......

D

Full Mount...ground and pound into submission....possibly a nasty gelitine....quickly followed by BLACKNESS and then a nasty...nasty headache!

Last edited:
That is one thing I learned long ago:( and why it takes so long for me to sell something sometimes.

I dont let anyone do a test ride till I have some type of money in hand, or a written agreement.

The last time I let someone do a test ride, all I got back was a fuel tank and the rest in the back of a truck:mad:

Sorry for the loss bruddha, but if the frame is structurally intact and its just body damage, uh super mod it:D

faslane505 said:
Full Mount...ground and pound into submission....possibly a nasty guetine....quickly followed by BLACKNESS and then a nasty...nasty headache!

WTF is a "guetine".................? :dontknow: Do you mean "guillotine".........?

D

Since it was the bad of a wreck... there should have been a police report so finding the guy and his insurance company should not be too hard...

Django said:
WTF is a "guetine".................? :dontknow: Do you mean "guillotine".........?

D
I think he means,He is going to choke his ass out.

I would not let some one drive that caliber of a vechile for a test drive. Any high power car I was interested in I told the owner you drive and I want you to do this, that or the other thing. Sorry:(

Django said:
The test driver's insurance is responsible to cover the damage to your truck......

D

Yea, what he said. Make that guy pay for his inability to drive.

What sucks is that if you give someone permission to drive your vehicle, you are responsible. It's easy to point the finger, but ultimately you are responsible for the well being of your possessions.

--wes

Django said:

D

I thought so too, and so did he. Maybe the rules are different from state to state but here if you give permission to drive your vehicle your insurance is liable. SUCKS!. This guy was pretty torn up about what happened which in the moment disarmed my anger and was more than willing to get it handled with his insurance and pay any deductables. It was my company that first informed me that they would have to pay. There is a good chance that he will still buy it after it is fixed but I am not sure I want to chance it. If I could break even or get close I will most likely cash out the damage settlement.

update: After pulling the truck apart it appears that the damage is worse than they thought. It may even be totaled. I hope so!! If it is I should have a chance to buy it back. The powertrain is fine. Anyone have a clue what the value of the engine, trans, axle, etc. would be? Not to mention seats, glass, doors, wheels....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back