Should I Sell?

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck with 60k miles on it and it has 80k on it now.
$300 Its been smoked in and has a few burn marks.
$100 The center console leather is starting to crack where my elbow sits on it.
$2000 There is a shoebox size scratch on the right rear quarter pannel. Along with others.
$1100 The tires are getting bald
$600 Rotors gouged and brakes worn
$80 Power steering hose leaking small
$1200 Clutch is gone needs the viper kit
$2000 Trans needs rebuilding
$250 Custom exhaust needs refinishing (somewhat peiced together)
$400 Stock shifter worn out
$3500 Needs engine rebuild before Roe 80k miles.

Roughly $8,030 to get it feeling like new. $11,530 dollars total to get ready for roe.

I owe $15,030. I thought about patching the few major problems good enough to sell and get what i owe for it, and start over with a lower mileage rig. Im not to proud of my ride. Dont get me wrong. Its the best truck out there to me, but i look down on it compared to the other Srt-10's.

better idea would be to find a rig built close or to where you want it. In the long run it will save you 1000's of dollars and time. Sell yours and start the hunt for what you really want. I tried to build what I had to match another member but when he sold his I took off after that truck, sold my old one and then sold all the parts I had sitting in the guest room and made out way better than my orig deal for my first truck!

so what are you selling it for, could be a good project for someone???

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
better idea would be to find a rig built close or to where you want it. In the long run it will save you 1000's of dollars and time. Sell yours and start the hunt for what you really want. I tried to build what I had to match another member but when he sold his I took off after that truck, sold my old one and then sold all the parts I had sitting in the guest room and made out way better than my orig deal for my first truck!

Ditto... that's what I did

$150 Also i started to debadge the "RAM" from the doors and tailgate and it left a shadow in the paint so i stopped the process. I could put them back on or remove all of it.

$200 The owner before me used to slam the seat belt into the door jam and scratched and dented it up.

I guess now im sitting here thinking about everything i hate about it to convince myself to do it

just drive the piss out of it...or take it down to a dealer and trade it in

I mean everything im saying about it isnt as bad as it sounds. Its just small shit that gripes my ass.

It doesnt smell anything like smoke and there is only 2 dime size marks that you have to point out.

Exhaust sounds incredible but i want it mandrel stainless instead of the galvanized

Tires are good for another 10k miles

The brakes dont squeal scrub or shake, but the rotors are ugly when you look up close.

The clutch doesnt slip and the trans only screws up at the strip and reverse.

The scratches are there, it isnt pristine but it is and was used as a truck. Pictures from 3 feet away dont show the marks, and i still won a peoples choice at a 1200 vehicle show.

BurntRubber said:
so what are you selling it for, could be a good project for someone???

Id like to get what i owe for it. I think there might be someone out there to throw an additional 2k my way for a down payment if i get the trans to stay in reverse.

Honestly with baby planning in the werks. I would like to get a truck $18-$24k. With 20-40k miles. Any mods would be a plus, but bone stock would be fine with me. I need something reliable, without all the idiosyncrasies or quirks i have now. I just want something that feels or smells newer so i can trash it down the road, and know i caused it.

Sounds to me like the wise financial decison would be to sell your truck and buy one with some mods on it. Also, if you don't want to worry about selling it with issues to some poor buyer you could run it through an auction. When peope buy at an auction they know they are buying "as is". There have been some great deals on nicely modded trucks around here and I am sure another one will come up soon.

Sell it for 15 even. With all due respect especially after disclosing everything 17 with problems to fix or finding one for 20....Sorry but I think you should take 15 and start over.

Demon 8 said:
Sell it for 15 even. With all due respect especially after disclosing everything 17 with problems to fix or finding one for 20....Sorry but I think you should take 15 and start over.
Thats great advice.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Demon 8 said:
Hey man nothing to be sorry about. I speak the truth, and was looking for you guys opinions. I wouldnt sell it to a soul in the club without disclosing every scratch. I can put 500 in it and sell it for 17 im sure. Im going to talk to the boss lady and put it up for sale the end of the week. My sale and purchase will be on the same week, i cant stand the thought of being without my dime for too long.

nycstev said:
I think you might need a tad more for that Roe prep:confused:

I agree with Steve.

My rebuild was close to $18K...that is on the very high end, because of my desire to have things done exactly the way I wanted them. But I have to think a decent build with quality parts done correctly will be $7-8k minimum.

that's a tough call for me...i've not abused my truck by any means, but it's been on jobsites since i bought it...shit happens...i've had mine since 15k, so the other 40+ were put on by ME...every ding, scratch, dent, chip, etc. was all so graciously installed by me (or at least since i've owned it), so i know what's been done...

if you don't know how the first 60k were...you'll end up redoing some of that thing sooner, rather than later, i'd guess...

agreed on the "you can't build one for that" quip...when eddie had his qc up with the s/c and wanted a reg cab, if i would have had a "nicer" truck, ida went to my bank and paid off my truck, then swapped titles with him in a heartbeat...i think that's all he wanted...cuz "i couldn't build one for that"

the bottom line is what do you really want...if a baby's on the way, or at least in the works, then sounds like you might be contemplating a qc...but if you only want payoff and a bit, you'll end up buying the same thing with a few less miles...but for what...so you can mod it...well if you can find a sc or na truck already built...you'll definitely come out cheaper, but no guarantee
a.)what he said is in there really is
b.)how it's been driven...only on sunny 70 degree days??? hmmm
c.)how long it's gonna last...

if it were me...i'd spend my "extra" 10-15 grand on the truck i already got...and i'll know where every dime i put in it goes...

just my opinion...

I agree with viperhauler, at least you know what you have to deal with, someone else might not be as honest as you and sell you a bill of goods with their own set of issues hidden under the hood, jmo.

Since you asked...the best bet would be to sell the truck, pay off your loan on it and purchase transportation suitable for moving the new arrivals around...and if you can get something for whatever cash you have on hand, and not have any payments, that would be the best financial solution.

Then start saving every nickle and dime and get the cash saved to write a check for a nicer and more suitable ride when you have gathered the coin.

I know it sounds crazy and impossible, but the sooner you can pay cash for a vehicle the sooner you will never again have car payments and the interest fees that go with the payments.

Just my opinion...but a little sacrifice now, can make a huge difference for the rest of your life.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back