Show time...

Justanotherdodge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got about 3 car shows I might enter in the next 3 weeks and I'm about to go into full show mode...I've already cleaned the truck 2 times in the last week, and I'm gettin a new windshield tomorrow. Two things I really want to get done before this weekend are take off the windshield wipers and replace the chrome grill with a black honeycomb grill...

Any info on the easiest way to remove/replace the grill and wipers would be greatly appreciated:star:
PS- I may even put the wing back on at the shows;)

Justanotherdodge said:
I've got about 3 car shows I might enter in the next 3 weeks and I'm about to go into full show mode...I've already cleaned the truck 2 times in the last week, and I'm gettin a new windshield tomorrow. Two things I really want to get done before this weekend are take off the windshield wipers and replace the chrome grill with a black honeycomb grill...

Any info on the easiest way to remove/replace the grill and wipers would be greatly appreciated:star:

R & R on the grill is a PITA. It's not brain surgery, but's it's a PITA. Make sure you have a whole bunch of new plastic rivets, you're gonna need them, the old ones are not reusable. I've never taken the wipers off, but that can't be hard either. If you need a service manual I can give you a link to download one. Good idea on the wing...if only for shows...LOL!!!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
R & R on the grill is a PITA. It's not brain surgery, but's it's a PITA. Make sure you have a whole bunch of new plastic rivets, you're gonna need them, the old ones are not reusable. I've never taken the wipers off, but that can't be hard either. If you need a service manual I can give you a link to download one. Good idea on the wing...if only for shows...LOL!!!
where do i get those rivets?:confused:

PS-damn right on the wing's for show comment...your a slow learner, but at least your comin around:p :D

Justanotherdodge said:
where do i get those rivets?:confused:

PS-damn right on the wing's for show comment...your a slow learner, but at least your comin around:p :D

You can get the rivets from BDIA, prolly from the dealer too I guess. I bought a grill off eBay and it came with a complete set. Seems to me they're like $1 each or something, I forget what BDIA said on a post I read once. On the wing, I wasn't really giving into the conept of no wing, I was relishining the fact that you thought your truck would look better at a show with it than without it and thinking of what a conflict that is...:p :p :p ;) :burnout:

Find a body shop supply store in your area that carries Au-Ve-Co products.http://www.auveco.com/
They have plastic rivets that are similar to the ones DC uses. check Part number 20314 push type retainer
I managed to reuse all but 2 of mine.
Trick is to remove the grill assembly and lay it out on a bench. Then use a automatic center punch on a light setting to punch out the pin in the center of the rivet,watch out cuz the pin can really fly out of there.
After is together again Reinsert the center pin in the rivet and your good to go

Last edited:
Two things I really want to get done before this weekend are take off the windshield wipers and replace the chrome grill with a black honeycomb grill...
post some pics with the new black grille!

Justanotherdodge said:

Where are you getting the black grill from?? I've been contemplating this same thing. TIA

removal of wipers

close hood

look where the wipers are mounted and you should see a small tab around the edge

fold wiper up

pull tab outward

remove wiper

:D :D :D

Texas Yellow Fever said:
On the wing, I wasn't really giving into the conept of no wing, I was relishining the fact that you thought your truck would look better at a show with it than without it and thinking of what a conflict that is...:p :p :p ;) :burnout:
It's just to cover up the flaws in the paint from wing rub:( and to make sure NO ONE mistakes it for a hemi...even though the hood will definately be open:rock: sometimes you just gotta take one for the team...:p

slow91 said:
Where are you getting the black grill from?? I've been contemplating this same thing. TIA
I've got a couple hemi friends who may want my bling;)

Stinker said:
removal of wipers

close hood

look where the wipers are mounted and you should see a small tab around the edge

fold wiper up

pull tab outward

remove wiper

:D :D :D
I figured it out after a min...thanks though:D

....................he's putting the wing back on at the shows....?

I'd really like the know why yer even considering doing this..............?:idea:

SD

As an added note, the reason I'm asking is because I need to start doing my homework because I plan on showing mine extensively, and honestly, I've never participated in any shows, just attended some. So any advice from anyone experienced is helpful : )

Azmal said:
As an added note, the reason I'm asking is because I need to start doing my homework because I plan on showing mine extensively, and honestly, I've never participated in any shows, just attended some. So any advice from anyone experienced is helpful : )

Hey Azmal, I have no less than 40-50 trophies laying around my shop and house. I've entered everything from car stereo shows/contests to trucks-only shows and even car/bike/truck shows. Attended IASCA Nationals in Oklahoma City....hell, even Spring Break Jam in South Padre Island. PM me with any info you may need and I would be glad to help out.

Esh

Azmal said:
What kind of shows are you going to take it to? and where?
The shows I attend are the local annual shows...local to Amarillo that is.

Burnin' the Bricks- Pampa, TX June 10...
Pair-a-dice Show- Panhandle, TX June 17...
Hooter's Car show- Amarillo, TX Last Sun. of every month:rock:

EDIT~ and D I mainly do it to cover up the scratches that the wing put there while it was on the first month I had the truck...

It really depends on what your looking to do, the real show scene ie. NCCA events ( Hot Import Nights and the like ) can be a very expensive hobby. Unless you've got $30,000 + in modifications into your vehicle you shouldn't expect anything more than a indoor parking spot at the event. Local events can be fun and aren't nearly as competive or judged so closely....either way enjoy!!

Craig said:
It really depends on what your looking to do, the real show scene ie. NCCA events ( Hot Import Nights and the like ) can be a very expensive hobby. Unless you've got $30,000 + in modifications into your vehicle you shouldn't expect anything more than a indoor parking spot at the event. Local events can be fun and aren't nearly as competive or judged so closely....either way enjoy!!

I'm gonna keep mine clean, stock, low mileage with all original matching numbers - then someday when I want to show it, I will enter it in the stone stock class. :D I love stone and stock..... :)

Or, if I live long enough - Maybe I will do as well as if I woulda bought that effen 71 Hemi Cuda I always wanted back in the day when they cost nuttin and now sell for a measly half a mil or so ... :rock:

Or, with my luck, our freakin KID will score AGAIN :idea: :burnout:

Wifey said:
I'm gonna keep mine clean, stock, low mileage with all original matching numbers - then someday when I want to show it, I will enter it in the stone stock class. :D I love stone and stock..... :)

Or, if I live long enough - Maybe I will do as well as if I woulda bought that effen 71 Hemi Cuda I always wanted back in the day when they cost nuttin and now sell for a measly half a mil or so ... :rock:

Or, with my luck, our freakin KID will score AGAIN :idea: :burnout:

Damn kids.:dontknow: ;) :p :D

Texas Yellow Fever said:

Just saw this post Steve, can you post or PM the link? Thanks bro.

Jeff

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back