Show your Nitrous bottle mounts

FATJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the best and cleanest place to mount your nitrous bottle? I first thought I wanted to mount it behind the drivers seat (R/C) Now I am thinking about mounting it in the bed but I do not want to drill a bunch of holes in my bed. I have a bedrug and was thinking about a small sheet of plywood under the bedmat and just go thru the mat and into the plywood, I think that would hold it OK without drilling extra holes in my bed. So whadda you think?:dontknow: :dontknow:

I would be leery of the bottle mounted that way. I doubt it would pass tech inspection at the track. And I would not want to get into a fender bender on the street with it mounted that way. I am sure it would become a missile in short order if it was not firmly mounted to the vehicle.

If you must mount it to plywood, use large washers to help distribute the load across the plywood. I would not use wood screws as they have questionable holding power in plywood.

My $.02

Portland SRT I think has it mounted in the engine compartment. he has it on the thread finally a sunny day, and it looks sweet.

What the hell are you up to Jack??!

Here's my setup:

P1040236.jpg

:D

I thought about doing the plywood as well with some super duty velcro strips underneath which would grip really well to the bedrug. I am also leary of drilling holes in the beg as well, and believe it or not I use the beg to haul thing in it from time to time.

FATJACK said:
Looks like easy refills:D :D

That would make it way too tempting to huff some at traffic lights.:D

I'm presently debating putting my nitrous and propane tanks behind my seat or in the truck bed. Personally, my truck's so modded, I couldn't really give a s#it about a few more holes. It would look pretty sweet with a couple of custom painted cylinders behind the seats though, eh?

Bed mounting would get a little more weight toward the rear, and a couple of brackets wouldn't mean that much drilling anyway. They could be mounted all the way back by the tailgate for easy access and best weight distribution.

Safety-wise, if they're very securely installed and properly vented, and they're not overfilled, I don't think the risk of a problem is all that great.;)

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
no no i jus tmoved the sub behind my seat.... since i have 2 bottles i had to move it... ..

Ah, yes I can barely see it at the bottom right corner.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back