side exhuast opinions

SRT-10 RAM VIPER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I wanna know what's ur guys opinion on a side exhaust that I want to do in my 04 rc. Let me know wat u guys think

Its been done by a few, I like it, and am considering doing it now with some Borla XR-1 Race mufflers and a H pipe crossover. Cut out a hole in the side panel in front of the rear tires, and have a peice of steel cut for a heat shield aroundt the tip, and powdercoated black. Rivet it, or polish stainless round allen head bolts to mount it.

I think its looks and sounds bad azz. When i get another 10 i will deff go with side exhaust.

Do a quick search and there a couple of very in-depth threads about how to do it, including pictures. I found an old thread a couple of months ago where a member posted a template for the cutout on the body panel and how to make the exact heat shield, including a picture/schematic, and posted it into a more current thread. Once you have the measurements for the piping and everything, a good body shop should be able to do the cutting for you, then take it to a exhaust shop and have the piping ran.

^^yes, you are who I was talking about. Your setup is gorgeous and your truck is sick man

Yea it looks great..but I was thinking of running it under the side body if ya know wat I mean.. and then when I have enough money ill do the other option.

Try these mufflers
3393XR90C.jpg

Looks awesome on the truck.
I personally like the heatshield look on the sidepanel.
Really perfect work.

^^yes, you are who I was talking about. Your setup is gorgeous and your truck is sick man

photos don't do her justice

the side exhaust do sound sweet.

heard 3 from here. each sound great & have there own sound:rock::rock::rock:

QUOTE=SRT-10 RAM VIPER;1107185]do u guys think it would look nice with the side exhaust under the body that's how I wanna do it[/QUOTE]

:(:confused::secruity::argh::stupido2::stupido2::thumpdown::bird:
:hmmmm:afraid::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:
:damnmate::stupid::shot::motz::stoned::viking:

Hope you are joking:dontknow:

Last edited:
I wanna start from there then when I have enough cash ill do I the other way

Our body kits will make you have that exhaust way too low for looks and function. Just think it'll look tacky :dontknow:
Honestly I love the look of the Rumble Bee side skirts with the exhaust cutout in the side already:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back