side exit exhaust

lol I'm a little intimidated.

Nothing ads to the manly factor more than cutting up a perfectly good sheet metal panel to make it look different and unique. If you want to be the same as everyone else then run the exhaust out the back. Vision how you want it and DO IT. IF that is out the side then do it. If you *&% it up then fix it. No one is unique by being intimidated!

Ya know I thought about that, but this truck is 4x4, its a two tone, its got the chrome rims, its big and intimidating with a 10 cylender growl, honestly them small tips just seem too discreet for what this truck is. I already got 4 3" round angle cut chrome tips. Might as well use em.

I suggest an oval tip coming out from behind the wheel between the wheel and rear bumper. Different than others but following the same guidelines. Cut the fender for the tips but maybe put in a boat side exhaust in.

corsa2.gif

Idk, one think I set as like a rule for myself was to maintain the viper soul with this build, I decided I was gonna keep it in front of the rear wheels, gotta stay that, my biggeat decision now is single or dual tips lol

Single:) since its older model... is it already both sides passenger and driver??

Not yet, right now I just hacked off the cats andmuffler, just put glasspacks in their place, but the new setup will be passenger and driver.

Not yet, right now I just hacked off the cats andmuffler, just put glasspacks in their place, but the new setup will be passenger and driver.

Id do singles if anything just cause the cars were single but then again I think that year wasn't they double??

Na they were 3" singles. I'm just thinkin brawny viper truck half bred beastly rig lol if that makes sense.

Getting the exhaust to the outside of the frame rails can be a challenge since it will become the lowest point on the truck and you dont want it hitting on speedbumps. IMO exiting through the bed side looks much better than running it below.

photo2b.jpg

photo1b.jpg

What exhaust tips are you running?

Those are REALLY sweet tips but I think in this case it would look better black..... imo that coming out the panel in stainless steel or chrome screams hey look at me :idontknow:

This might be ridiculous to ask, but besides rear and side exhaust points. The new craze seems to be taking them straight up through the bed like a Semi-Truck does. Anyone thought of that yet or is it going to look tacky?

This might be ridiculous to ask, but besides rear and side exhaust points. The new craze seems to be taking them straight up through the bed like a Semi-Truck does. Anyone thought of that yet or is it going to look tacky?

That is a diesel thing. IMO would look terrible on our truck.

That is a diesel thing. IMO would look terrible on our truck.

And omg it would sound like shiat!!
Actually the Lil Red Express Dodge truck had them though I think with a 360? Then the midnight express which had stacks on a 440 magnum! Still looked and I imagine sounded like shiat

Last edited:
Heh-heh-heh

Attachments

• 3829770886_450b4e028b.jpg
    3829770886_450b4e028b.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 3,037
  • mopp_0111_01_z+1978_dodge_lil_red_express_truck+right_front_view.jpg
    mopp_0111_01_z+1978_dodge_lil_red_express_truck+right_front_view.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,938
  • post-418-0-01162400-1344263396.jpg
    post-418-0-01162400-1344263396.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 604
  • red_express.jpg
    red_express.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 809
Do these moldings from the quadqab fit on the regular cab? Anyone? :)

The lil' red express was made in 78 and 79, both had the 360 standard and 440 optional with 727tf 3 speed auto, in 78' the truck actually was able to outrun the corvettes. And tye mdnight s never started life as expresses they were black warlocks that the dealetship converted on requekst.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back