sig pics?

vipertank

Supporting Member
Reaction score
why have the sig pics been reduced to such a small of a size, could at least let paying member have a bigger sig pic.:)

If you want a bigger signature, you just need to upload it to an external image-hoster and use direct link in signature. Size can't be limited that way unless they have the plugin for it.

I'm guessing they make it that way so people can have the option to upload one (not a HUGE one but moderate) as it requires it to be optimized, but it's like a deterrent so we use off host image hosting. And honestly, not sure if vBulletin allows usergroup limit functions like that. I think it's a global permission.

For example: say they made it 100KB max, at a pop per member if they all used that feature, would total roughly 623MB of space used. I don't think space is a problem here, but it's load/bandwidth you gotta take into account too. If there is lots of images which are big in file/screen size constantly being generated by the server for every user's request by our many members and assorted content every second, minute, hour.. (not to mention the busy times - including guest requests;many concurrent connections), the server will take a significant performance hit. It will take longer loading pages to and from as server load is being used up for loading users content. This makes even browsing a painstaking chore waiting for everything to load! So, considering the amount of tables/fields in the database with the usage it gets now, it does pretty well. If it is a dedicated server and not shared server, there might not be much impact on performance, but most packages people purchase are shared hosting ones that has up to 10-25 people on it - this allows for cheaper cost monthly and usually lots of space, but at the cost of connection speed. There is much to take into account when making content easily and readily available such as the connection, location.. etc.

But I'm sure it's probably just a simple answer such as... "we didn't want to." :D

Last edited:
Sig size has not been changed.
If a member has a large one, we have been sending them a PM asking to shrink them.

I don't even see a photobucket link in my list except for wesalbert's. Your signature is still going through VTCoA just as your avatar is doing. Try saving without a signature first, then put in your
and see if that works.

Last edited:
Are you linking from Photobucket? Or are you saving them using your "User CP" via Link or upload feature?

Last edited:
I think I know what you're doing.

You're pasting the link in, but you are clicking "Upload" instead of "Save Signature" first.

Last edited:
K, also you are using "Option 1" when you need to manually put into the signature field

and then "Save Signature"

I hope so cuz you can't help

:damnmate: ----- :stickyman: ----- :nurse: ----- :ahhhhh: ----- :star: ----- :proud:

Now you two, :knuddel: ... :rofl:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back