sims info, according to roe racing......

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been shopping around for long tube headers with catless mids & was told the following below by roe racing...... ?? :dontknow:

Hi Randall,
We just recently found this out. So, I figured I would pass the information on to you to help save you some money.

Regards,
Dave Venski, General Manager, Roe Racing USA
1768 Wildwood Rd., Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
904-529-1219 ex. 2#
www.roeracing.com

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:08:46 -0800 "Randall Spradlin" writes:
i'm confused........ i've been told if no cats, you need sims to fake out the pcm & avoid the dreaded "check engine light" ??? why do you say now that i don't ??

thanks,
randall

----- Original Message -----
To: randall_spradlin
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: prices........

Hi Randall,
The prices you requested are listed below. If you have other questions, or would like to place an order, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

1 - set, Belanger headers = $1750
1 - set, Belanger midpipes, no cats = $425
* note : cat sims not needed, pricing does not include shipping

Regards,
Dave Venski, General Manager, Roe Racing USA
1768 Wildwood Rd., Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
904-529-1219 ex. 2#
www.roeracing.com

Last edited:
fly : Yes, the email is short and incomplete, but I think what they are talking about is sims not being needed when the cats are removed.

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
fly : Yes, the email is short and incomplete, but I think what they are talking about is sims not being needed when the cats are removed.

-Red

That would be upsetting to all those that have purchased sims.

Belanger may be including that little O2 spacer deal that works like simms.

I have Belanger headers and Belanger mids with high flows on my truck and I did not need sims.

I installed X-Metal mids with NO CATS on my neighbors truck and he did not need sims. Boomer sent him a new little spacer type deal that only costs a few bucks, which eliminated the need for the older, expensive simms.

Maybe Roe is saying that no simms are needed with Belangers cause maybe Belanger includes the spacer thingy's now. :dontknow:

ViperTruck2933 said:
I installed X-Metal mids with NO CATS on my neighbors truck and he did not need sims. Boomer sent him a new little spacer type deal that only costs a few bucks, which eliminated the need for the older, expensive simms.
:

Randy............which ones did I get with your x metal sims?

patrick

Its against the federal law to sell sims, adn its best they not even mention them in emails, they will probably include directions, or something to satisfy you in the order you recieve.

dont expect anyone right now to answer any question about sims , the government is comming down on this in 07 , lots of new regulations

So without all the cloak and dagger, do we need sims or not? Sounds like no?

Basically some have, some have not needed them, the best thing to do is to try it first, if you get a CEL then contact Boomer and get the fix from hiim:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back