Site Links and Spyware: A Warning

Django

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

For sometime now I've been noticing that folks have posted links to websites with alotta freakin' spyware on them.

My cpu knows it immediately... I can tell by the speed at which it runs..... Also by the fact that pop ups occur immediately..... I run a buttload of anti spyware and blockers on my machine, but even then, some of it gets thru...... and I end up running Adaware, Spybot and all my other programs in order to restore my system to normal....

Now, I'm no IT guy and don't claim to be.... So don't climb all over my ass about how I don't know dick about this or that and I should be running better spyware programs and that wouldn't happen.... or WTF ever.....Just please be sensitive to the fact that this is not just happening to my computer but probably to that of many others.

Please, if you notice alotta pop-ups and the like on these sites when u access them.... Or if your blocker is really active when you access the site.... Please be aware of it and refrain from posting links that will become troublesome to the rest of us..... What d'ya say?

Thanks alot...

Django

You've got spyware up the badumbum. Honestly, do what you can to clean it up.:idea: I run my laptop rather promiscuously and have never had to run any virus scan, spyware, or blocking software. I'm able to accomplish this because of two simple rules:

Rule 1: Unless you are actually, directly, and intently looking for what is behind that link, don't click on it.

Rule 2: If you do click on it, put your head between you knees and ki.......:D

No software in the world will protect you from breaking these rules.:dontknow:

I don't have issues with the sites I have posted. If you do Tim, please let me know. I don't want to cause problems for others.

Nah, he's referring to some that I posted the other day.

It's all good, I won't add any more, but you are missing out on some good stuff!:rock:

:D:D:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back