Six speed auto

Tonkasmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has tried pulling the 4 sp for a 6 speed auto or perhaps adding an overdrive gear not sure if it's possible but thought it would help mileage considerably. I assume the new six speeds in the diesels would be more then strong enough but don't know how much work or what it would take to make it fit. Any gearheads have any ideas.

Checked it out looks good as well I am wondering how hard of swap would you think it would be and could I do it alone or is it a two person job.

an extra set of hands is always nice, i read in a mopar action mag. that it is a heavy cast iron trans(the 48re is heavy too, almost caught one with my forehead helping venomous1 with his 6speed swap). but i think with the ready to go stand alone computer it'd be the easyest one to do. i know OSO had trouble with his gear vendors on his hemi truck(he was running an old school 727 with a gear vendors bolted to it). also if TCI offers it with a chrysler bell housing it should bolt right up to the engine and then you'd just need to fab up a trans mount and new driveshaft.

The guy from tic told me the 6 speed auto dose not fit in the dodge srt 10 I would like to find a 6speed trans it would be nice

They must be able to make some kinda adapter to make things line up. Would pay for itself especially as gas prices rise. What about it Tony have you got any ideas?

4l80e , stand alone contoller, custom convertor , flex and adapter plate,

honestly tho,, your not going to gain a ton , alot of weight, but for the $$ the performance gain would be minimal i would think,

What would you recommend? I know my pulley is stock how do I figure out how much my motor could handle maybe a pulley upgrade would be best. any ideas on how to figure out how much more power it could handle.

question one, why are you not happy where you are now?;)620's is stout for a qc, that would put you in the high 11's

but honestly you are about where most are, you could take a shot , do a pulley , get a custom tune, but the rods are good for about 650 hp or so, so you would be edging things, to do it safely you need rods and pistons,

you could tweak out close to 700 , but i dont personally think it would live too long

I bought my truck with most things done to it but the build sheet says and I quote custom forged pistons to specs (doesn't say what specs are) And billet parabolic I beam pro series connecting rods. About 33K miles on this set up w/no problems and just wanna go faster lol if your not first your last. If I typed up the whole build sheet on the motor would it help you answer the question easier maybe. I have no clue other then asking you guys.

I would like to get it into the high tens if I could. I like the idea of bein faster then sports cars but able to take wife and kids with me

tens is a stretch, but if forged, pulley it up and turn up the boost if you trust the build, you may need to up grade the fuel system and injectors

tens is a stretch, but if forged, pulley it up and turn up the boost if you trust the build, you may need to up grade the fuel system and injectors

If I typed in my build sheet could you perhaps look it over and tell me what you think I should do to get something faster but reliable let's say going for mid elevens As a goal. Is that even reasonable? Thanks for all the info boss

If I typed in my build sheet could you perhaps look it over and tell me what you think I should do to get something faster but reliable let's say going for mid elevens As a goal. Is that even reasonable? Thanks for all the info boss

either that or copy paste it and send it to my email buddy, [email protected]

mondays suck thats why I am at the shop now lol, but will try to look it over and see what we can do

now hp wise, around 700 is tops or so , in that area, shoot 1badtrk a pm also, his name is bobby, super nice dude, kick ass quick truck , paxton, he is runnig about 700 and mid 11's,

now one thing that probably would help is a convertor, most of the guys running ours is doing from .3 to .5 second faster with jsut the convertor in the 1/4 mile

either that or copy paste it and send it to my email buddy, [email protected]

mondays suck thats why I am at the shop now lol, but will try to look it over and see what we can do

now hp wise, around 700 is tops or so , in that area, shoot 1badtrk a pm also, his name is bobby, super nice dude, kick ass quick truck , paxton, he is runnig about 700 and mid 11's,

now one thing that probably would help is a convertor, most of the guys running ours is doing from .3 to .5 second faster with jsut the convertor in the 1/4 mile

Perfect got the email to you this morning and will try to find Bobby on here after kids head down for a nap

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back