Size of long alternator bolt?

Wastelands Warrior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear I have Gremlins that steal parts whenever I work on my vehicles! Anywho, can someone hit me up with the size of the long bolt that holds the alternator in place? Found the short one that goes on top right where I put it, but the long one is MIA.
TIA

I thought you were supposed to have left over parts. ....

That's only if you fixed it right.
In the future get a cardboard box. Punch holes in it with a screwdriver then put your bolts in the holes to hold them.

That's only if you fixed it right.
In the future get a cardboard box. Punch holes in it with a screwdriver then put your bolts in the holes to hold them.

I do this when over 8 bolts or so. With 2-3 you shouldn't have issues lol. Besides, if it only has 2-3 it won't miss 1 bolt bc it obviously isn't under much stress to begin with.

I do this when over 8 bolts or so. With 2-3 you shouldn't have issues lol. Besides, if it only has 2-3 it won't miss 1 bolt bc it obviously isn't under much stress to begin with.

I typically remove one lug nut on all my 4 lug cars using this theory. Haven't lost a wheel yet!!

I have A.D.D. to the 100th degree. I put all the bolts I remove into a box or coffee can, or so I think. If I'm distracted I'm screwed. So, the bolt might have ended up anywhere from the bathroom to the fridge to inside one of my other cars. Oh well, I just went to Fastenal and had a very hot chick help me out. Dayum I'll have to lose more bolts so I have a reason to go back there...lol

I have A.D.D. to the 100th degree. I put all the bolts I remove into a box or coffee can, or so I think. If I'm distracted I'm screwed. So, the bolt might have ended up anywhere from the bathroom to the fridge to inside one of my other cars. Oh well, I just went to Fastenal and had a very hot chick help me out. Dayum I'll have to lose more bolts so I have a reason to go back there...lol

Pictures?????

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back