Skyline GT-R (1) C5 (0)

Roz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After hitting up the track last night, I went to a buddy of mine's house. His dad works out of town and has a C5 that just sits, so occasionally he'll get it out and stretch it's legs a bit. It's noting super special, it's a stock C5 Targa Coupe with Corsa exhaust.

So we're on the freeway, letting it breathe a lil :)D) and we notice 4 round tail-lights up ahead. We thought it may have been a C6, but as we neared closer it was one of those Skyline GTR's.

1st run was decieving. He jumped us, and he got out on the Vette, but the distance between the two cars stayed the same. We both were thinking "Damn, it woulda been close if we would have hit it at the same time!"

2nd run is a whole 'nuther story! That SOB came screaming by like we were sitting STILL! That's a bad mutherf*cker!!

After it's all said we done, we both get off the interstate and we get to check out the car. I didn't/hadn't realized how nice/fast those cars are! Nissan made a bad little machine. Props to the Skyline!

Was this a new GTR or an older one? The older Skylines are nice and can be one fast sum a biatch. Unfortunately not many were imported to the US due to Fed import laws and the effort needed to convert the car so that it could be operated in the US. New ones however are nice that is until something breaks or you take it in for maintenance.

I got a guy in my car club with one.....its a high 11 car, stock. You can watch him run on a video I made under the racing section, I MADE A VIDEO

Yeah, it was a new one. It still had the drive-out tag on it. The dude was saying it cost almost 2k to service the transaxle. It has to be serviced every 6k miles or something like that.

Roz-SRT said:
Yeah, it was a new one. It still had the drive-out tag on it. The dude was saying it cost almost 2k to service the transaxle. It has to be serviced every 6k miles or something like that.

They are pretty amazing.... I never knew they were such a BIG car! :eek: The Nissan dealer we bought Sarah's car from had one. It was being prepped for the owner. They are a lot longer/wider/beefier than they look in the magazines. I got to sit in it (after begging the detail guy :eek: ). The interior is amazing too. :rock: Great cars. It's too bad they are so expensive to maintain. :(

The C5 is only a 350hp car, I think an RC with a K&N, exhaust and tune could take a C5. No shock that it lost. The GTR is a nice car but still just a nissan. I'd like to see someone campaign it in a racing series (Speed World Challenge, ALMS, FIA event).

The Gt-R isn't a Skyline, Jimi............

It's a misnomer........

The Skyline is a whole nother car not released in the US....

D

Nissan is rumored to be eliminating the launch control due to, too many broken transmissions.

scoobert said:
those engines are hand built and each one has a different horsepower.... odd huh?

And the trans is built WITH the motor.... so there is only ONE matched trans for every ONE motor. :eek: It's a god-damned unfixable car. :dontknow: :eek:

This is the one from Saturday I saw.

DSC02202.jpg

We have a local guy with a GTR running 10.70's with just exhaust, CAI, and programming. This is without using the launch control. It's one fast sumbitch.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back