Slave Cylinder/Clutch issues need help!

trw0042

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Reg Cab six speed and i have only 6500 miles on it yet i just had to have it in the shop again for its second slave cylinder. What upsets me is how easy i drive the truck yet it still has the problem. I know this is common so i need some help. I did the factory one again only because it was under warranty but by the time this happens again it wont be. So i figure i have about 2500 miles to figure out how i want to fix this. Do the kits that X-metal, DC, and Hennesey offer all fix this problem? I see that hennesey offers the clutch upgrade kit without the clutch which interested me only because i figure i might as well burn up my factory clutch first before upgrading. Or is it useless to get the clutch upgrade with the clutch. Who's Upgrade out of those 3 has proven to be the strongest set up for durability with both the clutch and this nagging slave cylinder problem. My truck is near stock but i do have a B&B Triflo exhaust and KN CAI and Xmetal PCM Upgrade.

Also is install complicated because i prefer that my basic auto mechanic do it? Just curious if i need to be finding someone with a more performance oriented background is all.

Contact one of the vendors (Dragon, Dc Performance, etc...) for the clutch upgrade kit. It includes, the clutch kit, and the upgraded metal hydraulic components; that's the only cure for the junk plastic that comes w/ the trucks.

-Red

Or you can contact Justin (another vendor here) as well for the upgrade. He also provides a shim for proper pedal height with the kit. Good luck

trw0042 said:
Do the kits that X-metal, DC, and Hennesey
u mention that name again we will send a hitman after ya :D

no serious, we will ;)

wow i have 29000 on my original clutch and slave:dontknow:and hennesy is bad new dude !,,

Last edited:
I am about to change my clutch for the 4th time lol. The first 2 were from the slave spitting fluid on the disk, and the last was a bad disk. i am now going with the 3rd viper slave/master and a act clutch. My original one lasted me until 45k miles, and the last 3 lasted about 5k total miles lol. i will update on the act

I will order from JMB and Justin but just curious why is hennessey so bad??

Hennessey is not bad...a better word would be terrible.

Just take our word for it...or better yet, do a search on the word Hennessey on this or any other SRT site.

Im going with Justins kit upgrade over at jmb. Thanks for the warning on hennessey i hadnt done any research on them

Thanks for watching out for me

You are family.

Looking out for one another is a culture here.

Have a good weekend.

Sent ya a pm dude. JH will take yer cash and truck and send your truck back smoking like its a mosquito killer!!!

Justin is cool..........ya might wanna get some cool emblems from him while ordering!!! LOL

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back