Sled blew up

mxzx440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been doing lots of sledding, and yesterday got to 1 hour into the ride, and the engine blew on the sled. Can't get any parts till after Christmas due to it being a snocross sled. So might buy a new sled, and just thought i'd throw some pics up.

Attachments

• IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    623.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    794.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0922.JPG
    IMG_0922.JPG
    951.2 KB · Views: 72
mxzx440 said:
Been doing lots of sledding, and yesterday got to 1 hour into the ride, and the engine blew on the sled. Can't get any parts till after Christmas due to it being a snocross sled. So might buy a new sled, and just thought i'd throw some pics up.

Damn, not a mountain, or even a hill in sight. What kind of fun is that?:dontknow: ;) :D

I know nothing about sleds...but it seems to me that those engines must be really accessible and easy to work on. Since you have a blow up...does that not tempt you to rebuild yourself and go all out with modifications?

It's nice to see that my Northern friends have a little snow this year... :) :eek: I thought about buying a snowmobile for many years, but I just couldn't justify spending $8+k on something I could only ride about 3 times per year (in Michigan). :dontknow: :( They sure do look like fun tho. :rock:

mx_z_adr_800r_8998-250.gif

Last edited:
I see snowmobiles on the asphalt at Great Lakes Drag Strip running in the 10's all day...

Very quick, very scary!

Prof said:
I know nothing about sleds...but it seems to me that those engines must be really accessible and easy to work on. Since you have a blow up...does that not tempt you to rebuild yourself and go all out with modifications?

Unless they have made some improvements in the last few years, it does no good to increase the HP beyond the 150HP range. The drive belt between the engine and clutch cannot hold much beyond that.

Silverback said:
Damn, not a mountain, or even a hill in sight. What kind of fun is that?:dontknow: ;) :D
It's Saskatoon.
Not BC. :D

To us Americans, that's like asking someone in Kansas, "Where are all the mountains?"

i use to race snocross and thats a blast, and you can't compare to the mountains but there are some hills, but you get the drifts in the ditches can get crazy. With my sled being a snocross sled there is not a lot of mods you can do to it, although clutching is important, and how light it is makes a big difference, and with the new yamaha 4 strokes you have sleds that have turbos running from 200 hp to over 500 hp depending on how much money you want to throw at it

mxzx440 said:
Sorry to hear it, but to be honest, I was hoping (by the title of the thread) to see some engine carnage.:dontknow: ;) :D

Years ago we rode those things out in the mountains of You-Taw. Fun Stuff!:rock: Don't get enough snow to justify owning one here.

doesn't look like much from the outside, gonna start taking her apart tomorrow to see the extent of the damage

BCsrt10 said:
I used to live in Saskatoon and have fond memories of there. Thought I just share a couple of pics from two years ago, sledding in Sicamous BC Mountains, great fun (but lots of shoveling out when stuck).View attachment 22036

View attachment 22037

View attachment 22039

View attachment 22040

great pics, we are heading up to valemount for sledding here in january, you can't beat the mountains, after you go there a few times it seems like home riding really sucks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back