Slicks and Wheels

With the 4.88's your ONLY option is the M&H nostalgia 12.00-16, and with an off the shelf 16x10 wheel they are far from lightweight(about 55-60lbs each) any other slick/drag radial is going to be too short. Your rear end will last longer with slicks than drag radials because the softer side wall absorbs more shock from the launch

Like these, 16x11 CCW's. 19.5 lbs each.
93164427-406B-4026-8605-47C54309C3E8-1721-00000195ED51CA83.jpg
[/IMG]

Can't wait til my local tracks open up again and I can put them to use. They fit perfectly. I would highly recommend them.

How much rear caliper grinding was required?

How much rear caliper grinding was required?

A lot. I was timid for the first 3 hours, then realized I wasn't even close. Just grind until your almost level with the four indents on the outside of the caliper(level across the caliper).

Hope that makes since! :dontknow:

I have some for sale. No grinding required lol. You can txt me for pics. They are m&h dr's on eagle aluminum wheels. They are used but have plenty rubber left. Compared to the 22's they are super light! 3184029238

When you go with DR's do you also want to upgrade the clutch? Or does the OEM clutch hold up pretty good with the DR's.

I have some for sale. No grinding required lol. You can txt me for pics. They are m&h dr's on eagle aluminum wheels. They are used but have plenty rubber left. Compared to the 22's they are super light! 3184029238

text sent

When you go with DR's do you also want to upgrade the clutch? Or does the OEM clutch hold up pretty good with the DR's.

Again it's based on the driver and condition of clutch prior. Many have run 50-100 passes on stock clutch. Knowing how to race at the 1320 makes a difference.

I was running 12.3's with slicks on the stock clutch, they work alright just don't try to slip the clutch off the line like with street tires.

It took me 8+ hours to grind the calipers

I was running 12.3's with slicks on the stock clutch, they work alright just don't try to slip the clutch off the line like with street tires.

It took me 8+ hours to grind the calipers

So when you launch on the DR's do you just rev to about 3-3500 rpm an pop the clutch? Or what's the best technique?

So when you launch on the DR's do you just rev to about 3-3500 rpm an pop the clutch? Or what's the best technique?

Pretty much sums it up although I like the term fast release instead of pop. The plastic pedal keeper and slave won't like a pop! ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back