Slight bump/knock in steering when hitting bumps

Has the truck been on a frame alignment rack? There is something not right with it, the task is to find out what.

A quarter panel means the bed was tweaked. All steering parts replaced means things were bent or broken. Replacing a 1/4 on a p/u truck is a different undertaking than a 1/4 on a car.

I'm not arguing with you, just trying to pin down your issue. Not having seen the truck, makes it difficult to diagnose.

If it was fine before it got hit, and now after repair it has an issue, I would probably go back to the body shop the did the work.

Have to agree. The truck should be placed on a rack and measured for frame alignment. I've seen vehicles right out of the factory slightly out of spec and have seen vehicles that tend to go through tires go see frame shops for fine tuning and then able to get far more miles and much better handling. I have a buddy in the frame business and he has stated that a few of the Dodge products (Durango's in particular) are pretty sloppy. I had him check my truck and all within spec but he did a couple tweaks with the front cross member. Simply unbolted, pulled and re-tightened. Factory check sheets are pretty interesting to look at....lots of checks need to be done.

The suspension was replaced strictly because it held the load of the trailer that sat on top of it, it didn't need to be replaced. I completely agree with you though. It almost feels like it's in the steering column itself...I may climb under it and hit things with a rubber mallet to see what I find

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What lowering kit was used? I have a 2/4 McGreggors on mine and it does the same thing. These kits say theyre for our trucks but theyre for the 1500 hemi's. Two issues i have are it hits the metal on the bump stops and a bump steer issue

What lowering kit was used? I have a 2/4 McGreggors on mine and it does the same thing. These kits say theyre for our trucks but theyre for the 1500 hemi's. Two issues i have are it hits the metal on the bump stops and a bump steer issue

Tony's kit is specifically designed for our trucks, I'd recommend switching out for his kit. Did you swap out the stock bump stops for the smaller ones? Tony also has a bump steer kit, not sure if still available however there were a few people who bought the initial run and were selling because they didn't get to install them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back