Slight exterior mods (need help with part number)

texastonka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am color matching all plastic parts and deleting the antenna all together this week, doing away with the tailgate handle as well.

My question is: Is there a driver side door handle that is factory that does NOT have the key hole? I took teh one off the rear drivers side door of my MegaCab and it is no bueno. Does anyone have a part number they know will work? Don't want shaved door handles, like the factory look but don't want the key hole.

Look into the door handle of the quad cab rather than the mega, or the Durango (04 - 07) used the same handles. Try the rear door handle of one of those.

Didn't Jeeps use the same handles as well?

Look into the door handle of the quad cab rather than the mega, or the Durango (04 - 07) used the same handles. Try the rear door handle of one of those.

10-4 I'll have my buddy at the local Dodge parts house look it up. I appreciate it!

99-04 grand Cherokees use the same handles and I believe the 02-? Libertys do as well

What about when the battery dies on your fob? Then what?

Change the battery in the fob every inspection date. Not worried about it, but if something happens to the fob or something there is always Pop-A-Lok and good ol' AAA.

If you have had your truck since 2005, how many times have you used the key in the door? Once, twice?

My Vipers do not have key locks in the doors and most exotic or performance cars have been void of them for years.

Biggest reason is in Texas trucks get stolen the most and the easiest to get are Ford SuperDuty and Dodge Ram because of the key hole. Anyone with a screw driver can pop the lock in less than a second.

The Jeep handles bolt up perfectly. I replaced mine with silver painted handles for a '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, bought new at the Jeep dealer. Less than $200 and I had color matched my door handles. Took less than an hour to install.

The Jeep handles bolt up perfectly. I replaced mine with silver painted handles for a '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, bought new at the Jeep dealer. Less than $200 and I had color matched my door handles. Took less than an hour to install.

So you got the handles from the dealer already painted for under $200?

Got pics? & Part number?

Bought an 04 door handle from a Jeep Grand Cherokee (drivers side rear to eliminate the key hole) and it did not fit. Had it shipped to San Antonio from Florida. Only cost me $50 so not a big loss, will sell if on Craigslist.

What part number did you have?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back