Small Kill

Furyous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on my way home last night and as is my normal driving habits I was taking off from the lights just hard enough to keep the tires stuck.

I didn't think much about it at first but this little silver car pulls up behind me and zips around the only other car on the road to sit next to me at the next light (on the passenger side so I couldn't see it). So I am thinking some kid has a ricer he was to test against my truck.

Green light and the 4 lane highway is deserted, we both punch it and I take him on the line and stay about a truck length ahead. Few seconds later and he isn't giving up, no lights for about 2 miles and no other cars. Next thing I know we are doing 130 and he is stuck to my rear like friggin super glue!

I see a car ahead and start slowing down and change to the right lane to allow the ricer to pull up to my side of the truck to get a better look at it.

Turns out it was a Mercedes Benz CLS550 and the guy driving it was grinning like a fool and yelling at me (with his windows up) and giving me the thumbs up sign. Totally made what was a really crappy all worth it.

I am going to pay more attention to those little cars now ;)

IMO...the CLS55 is the best looking 4 door car on the road. They are just damn sexy.

Yeah, i like em ;) Here's a nice read on the car.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1992

For the CLS’ first major refresh, Mercedes slotted their 5.5-liter 382 horsepower V8 underhood, euthanized the electronic SBC braking system and tightened-up the steering rack. For an extra five G’s (on top of 75 large), the CLS550 gains a sport package. Although it’s a no-cost option in the E-Class, a CLS550 so equipped comes complete with AMG labeled wheels and big, fat (plastic) paddles behind the steering wheel. My tester was painted the same color as the launch edition, Indium Grey. The interior was suitably black, with more metal accents than a blinged-up bouncer.

Sharpi

CLS 550 does not run a 12, which is what you raced. the CLS63 does however. 550 has a 5.5 liter V8, they are quick little cars!! i drive them pretty often. for those of you that are fans of the AMG lineup they have now gone to a n/a 6.3 liter V8 that has a slight tune on it from AMG. thus the new 63 series lineup instead of the 55 lineup.

tarheelguy said:
CLS 550 does not run a 12, which is what you raced. the CLS63 does however. 550 has a 5.5 liter V8, they are quick little cars!! i drive them pretty often. for those of you that are fans of the AMG lineup they have now gone to a n/a 6.3 liter V8 that has a slight tune on it from AMG. thus the new 63 series lineup instead of the 55 lineup.

My Bad 13.2 @ 105 http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Benz--CLS550-Drag-Racing.html

Fun fun.... I had a lady in a new RX350 try to run me from a light yesterday, I was slightly amused!!:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back