Smaller brake conv. Info

Overkillsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to go to smaller brakes in order to run smaller wheels kinda like Dom has on his truck and I'm wondering what all I need to buy off of a regular ram to put the smaller brakes on mine, I'm wanting to go with lighter rotors and light weight 17 inch wheels and drag radials

I'm wanting to go to smaller brakes in order to run smaller wheels kinda like Dom has on his truck and I'm wondering what all I need to buy off of a regular ram to put the smaller brakes on mine, I'm wanting to go with lighter rotors and light weight 17 inch wheels and drag radials

You can squeeze 17 DRs around the rear brakes no prob. I am not sure if skinnies up front will require smaller brakes tho???? If I had some I'd know(accepting free skinnies with tires) :D

Yeah with our stock brakes you can't go smaller than 20's on the front and I'm wanting to do 17's all the way around

Yeah with our stock brakes you can't go smaller than 20's on the front and I'm wanting to do 17's all the way around

I run a 15x3.5 on the front, with a narrow enough rim/tire you can space the wheel far enough out that it sits in front of the brake caliper instead of having to be big enough to go over them

Do you have any pics of those wheels on your truck I'd love to see it

Can you pm me the info on how you did it like did you use wheel spacers and do you know the back spacing thanks

1.5" thick spacers 1.375" backspacing on the wheels. You do have to grind the corners of the calipers a little bit but not much at all. I think with a 17x3.5 rim you could clear without grinding. I used to have pictures from when I mocked everything up ill see if I can find them. And it will pass NHRA tech inspection at a drag strip.

Not sure what happened to the pictures I took when I did it but I can't find them anywhere

Yup, but since the wheel ends up infront of the caliper instead of around them it shouldn't be too much different, need to get venomous to see if they'll bolt up to his without issues

That would be cool. would love to know how it works out on his truck. Your trucks looking pretty mean in race trim homie

Be careful with bogarts, the front wheels may crack etc if driven on the street. An alternative is weld wheels or race starts with adapters if not made in your bolt pattern.

Last edited:
Be careful with bogarts, the front wheels may crack etc if driven on the street. An alternative is weld wheels or race starts with adapters if not made in your bolt pattern.

I run a weld with adapter now, I'd only use the bogarts for the track anyway

Dom's setup I wouldn't recommend until you get close to 4000# race weight. It stops good but its just much smaller than stock. He has 12" rotors front and back with 4 piston calipers in front and dual 4 pistons in back. Manual brakes too (WAY easier to work on the drivers side of the engine)!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back