SMOKES MOM :love: BEING PUT DOWN TOMORROW

SMOKES MOM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:love: :love: Well,
Did that get your attention? Just wanted to put in my 9 cents....(I can't say 2 cents...because of inflation ;)
I am going to have surgery on my thumb :top: tomorrow. No....it's not because it was somewhere it shouldn't have been....I cut a nerve, and they are going to repair it....so that means I will have to remain quiet...as it is the right hand....and I won't be able to type much....so this is my last ditch effort to be heard for a while. For everyone who is a member or guest on the VTCOA......you are special. In reading over some of the post tonight I realize that there are so many of us that are hurting emotionally, financially, physically and in some cases mentally :D but no names...on the mentally hurting....we all know who they are :D ....Over and over we have put out the call for help. Financially, you have all responded with checks for Smoke, and Mikey, Physically when Phil was hurt, you went into action with cards, and visits to the hospital,Serge we pulled for you with the leg problem. when emotional help has been needed you have been there for Luke, Anthony, (who is just now letting us know he needs our support) Tim, The list goes on and on.....I know a lot of members feel that there is a small group which seems to be closer and feel like they are not part of that family....Let me tell you right now you are wrong. If you don't speak up, we can't hear or respond. Also remember these postings are all done at different time zones. What may be posted now may not be read until hours or days later. There is just so much going on it is hard to keep up just by reading, much less to post a reply. We say this over and over, but it is important...if you are hurting physically, mentally, emotionally, we want to be there for you. All it takes is to open a thread and simply say I'm having a bad day...I need help.... and you will be amazed by what this family will say,,,or offer, to help end the hurting. EVERYONE here is important.....

I know how much your $ was appreciated by Scott when he really needed it....now it is Mikey.....if you are able to help please do, right now it really is needed......Anthony has issued a request for your emotional help.....support him, and be there for him. Don't forget to still remember Luke, who is a members son, of course it goes without saying to remember Phil.

On a lighter note...when I called today to verify my surgery tomorrow I asked how long I would be out of work .They transferred me to another section and I asked the same question....this guy answers me ( a woman would never had said this ;) ) It will be up to your Dr. so before they " put you down tomorrow"
have your questions ready.):eek: Are they going to put me down? On my god its only a thumb....I was thinking......Of course he meant put me to sleep....gave me room to reflect....
I can still read with one hand, so I will be keeping tabs on all of you....
Talk to you soon....Love and pray for each other daily
Love
MOM:love:

we are with you.... smokes mom.....
I hope you get well pretty soon so you can post again.. you'r post always have a nice message in it...:)

Dear Mom,

I'm really surprised that they aren't just doing a nerve block or some such practice rather than general anesthesia for this operation. When I had carpal tunnel they just froze my whole arm from the shoulder down and went to work. I watched the whole thing.....

But I as sure the surgery will be a complete success and that you have the best doctors around. I do hope that you heal quickly and that you are back in the pink in no time.....

Look at it this way... With that big old bandage on you thumb, you'll have no trouble hitchiking home from the surgery center.....(Sorry, couldn't resist)....

I'm sure I speak for everyone else here when I say, "Good Luck, God bless and all the very best to you" on your surgery. You are in our prayers......

Oh yeah....and all the Betty Boop stuff rules...... We had a thing together way back in 1953.......No kiddin'...she was smokin'.

Tim

Gloria my pillar of support :D Good luck and since you cant type, I noticed that you said nothing of not being able to use a phone....Have I not waited long enough :dontknow: :rolleyes: :eek: Call me and dial with your nose if possible :D or your tongue :p :p Good luck Mom and we will keep a light on for ya :rock:

Tim
They really aren't sure what it will be...they told me they would sedate and then do a digital block....so I don't know how awake I will be....I would prefer to be asleep so I don't have to hear the oops and oh no's as they make a mistake.....so I may bring my own ear plugs. I don't want to hear them say she cut it because she had her thumb stuck where?????? :dontknow:
Yeah Betty is a good friend of mine...She told me all about it....I was just keeping your confidence.......Thanks for comfort and the arm around the shoulder and the big hug...Will think of you tomorrow also. I hope you are feeling better

DJ , Thanks for those kind words. Yes I do try as much positivness around as possible. There are so many uncaring people out there, I like to have it warm and sunny here when we get to our second home. So help me out when you see something nice needs to be said....then you say it....or you can always say Mom said so:p
Talk to you soon

FlyingLow said:
Why are you still awake? You need some sleep before tomorrow.
yeah....just trying to find Mike address so I can write the check. I left the address at work

SMOKES MOM said:
DJ , Thanks for those kind words. Yes I do try as much positivness around as possible. There are so many uncaring people out there, I like to have it warm and sunny here when we get to our second home. So help me out when you see something nice needs to be said....then you say it....or you can always say Mom said so:p
Talk to you soon

I like that.:)

TheSickness said:
Gloria my pillar of support :D Good luck and since you cant type, I noticed that you said nothing of not being able to use a phone....Have I not waited long enough :dontknow: :rolleyes: :eek: Call me and dial with your nose if possible :D or your tongue :p :p Good luck Mom and we will keep a light on for ya :rock:

Mikey, I know I will be in good hands tomorrow. This is not a real major thing just opening the nerve back up and trying to repair it. I will go back in to work on thursday. I will be off tomorrow and wednesday.....I will leave you my phone # in your pm......ohmygod...mikey we are getting close:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :laugh: :flute: :flute:

Love

FlyingLow said:
PM Sent, Go to bed.

Yes Sir Lt Smoke.....I mean Lt Scooter.....I mean

I am right now 5 more minutes.....I;m just nervous.
Talk to you tomorrow
Love

Good Luck Gloria and God Bless You !:rock: - Your thumb will be back in typing order in no time. I can just ell!! :D ;) :star:

Thanks for everything you share with us - you are such a good MOM :) :burnout: :rock: :D

Gloria I am sure everything will turn out OK. I wish you all the best.

Bill.

TheSickness said:
I'd be wiling to give her a helping hand :D :p Just think of me as your right hand man :star:

I think that might be the hand she wipes with.

FlyingLow said:
I think that might be the hand she wipes with.
It is and apparently many years ago she missed some :D A true testiment of the human spirit and your willingness to survive at all costs :rofl: :rofl: :thefinger:

Good Luck. :nurse: My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank You SO much for the words of encouragement. I Luv U. Marne:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back