smoking engine bay

BlackoutViper

Reaction score
like the post says truck wouldn't start saw the engine bay smoking. popped the hood, easily located the near-flaming wire coming out of the main harness ground bundle. I did get some pictures and will try to remember to post when I get a chance. I peeled back the cover around the wire bundle down to the first big intersection it makes and it's melted clean through. My electrical buddies say this is a faulty fuse that caused the burnout, but I haven't the faintest scrap of electrical knowledge.

anyone have any ideas? ever seen this before? could point out some fuses to start checking? know anybody in orlando that can remove a main wiring harness (or instruct me on how to navigate around the glove box issue) anything? any help would and always is appreciated. The dealer is an absolute no consideration so if anybody's got orlando shops that do this stuff or anything. I'm really just sittin here scratchin my head on this one.

Wish I could help. We have plenty of guys that will jump in probably later tonite. Good luck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back