smooth tube intake

ARRESTmeRed04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone else here thought about making a smooth intake pipe to go from the factory air box to the TB and getting rid of the flexible plastic intake tube, i this this along with what ProV8 did to his intake box in his thread may make a little more power? at least it'd make sense in my head(sealed air box with outside "cool" air coming in and then a smooth path to the TB) what do yall think?

I was looking at my K&N tube and my stock CAI for that reason ---Might work from TB to stock Box...

That would probably be worth a few ponies...I have a custom smooth tubing now because I couldnt use the stock tube as the Roe raises the TB.....I made it using plastic tubing from a damaged K&N intake and silicone tubes. You might be able to fabricate something using parts from the site link below. You will want 4.5" diameter tubing.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

tnviper, you wouldn't happen to know which elbow you used to clamp the the TB then to your intake pipe do you?

would you want silicone tubing or aluminum? I would assume silicone would have less heat soak......

Troy's QC SRT said:
would you want silicone tubing or aluminum? I would assume silicone would have less heat soak......
That's a good idea ill look into trying that

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
That's a good idea ill look into trying that

Ha Ha when you look into and figure it out post up your results so we can copy you!:p

Troy's QC SRT said:
Ha Ha when you look into and figure it out post up your results so we can copy you!:p
wow that silicone tubing is 70 bucks for 2 feet guess i'll use metal:D

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
anyone else here thought about making a smooth intake pipe to go from the factory air box to the TB and getting rid of the flexible plastic intake tube,
now that i've ported/polished the stock Throttle body, ......
this will be my next mod ...... all plastic/silicone, no metal for me

Yeah the metal and aluminum draw heat and defeat the whole part of getting the coolest air possable to the TB.I was looiking on the K&N site and the plastic CAI always had better gains then the steel ones on the same vehicles.

Last edited:
Yep...dont use any metal parts as it will just raise temps...the silicone or plastic will stay cool....I can drive around town for an hour in 80+ degree weather then pull in the garage and raise the hood and all the parts of the intake will be cool to the touch...

Yea silicone is the only way to go, if any of yall have done it alreayd, please post pics!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back