smoothing calipers

mooni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever considerd smoothing the front calipers. like the viper or other high end cars? i'm about to repaint my calipers and they look like crap compared to that of lets say a porsche or a viper.

It could be done, but it'd be a PITA.

yea but the effect would look awesome. instead of looking cast they would look machined. sexy right?!?:star:

Last edited:
mooni said:
yea but the effect would look awesome. instead of looking cast they would look machined. sexy right?!?:star:

yeah.. they would look secksy but let me tell you man.. it's a royal pain...
i wanted to do that also but just the sheer effort of doing all that.. let's
just say when your at that point your not thinking about doing a swell job..
your thinking how much longer till i get this damn thing back together.. :D
i would know :D :)

Also, i didn't know Brembo made a kit for our trucks?:dontknow:

Sharpi

The best solution would be to have them powdercoated then sealed with a clearcoat layer. Right now I am still on the wall on buying the caliper kit and having them painted, I am not sure I would be happy. :(

It's a whole lotta work.... would definately look better but dunno if it's worth the kinda time its gonna take!!

Thats a disc upgrade only not the calipers, shit if it were a whole Brembo kit in 15'' our OEM brakes the kit would retail at $3995 easy.... I paid at COST $2400 front and $1700 rear for my kits on my BMW at the time! :dontknow:
DRamSrt10 said:
They does made a kit for our trucks but the price is very expensive! $1,345...:eek:

http://www.autocarparts.com/part/195/176/

Craig said:
Thats a disc upgrade only not the calipers, shit if it were a whole Brembo kit in 15'' our OEM brakes the kit would retail at $3995 easy.... I paid at COST $2400 front and $1700 rear for my kits on my BMW at the time! :dontknow:

Oh man, I didnt see the "disc upgrade only". I found another website with the whole bremo kit and yes, you was right, it is almost $4k. Forgot it. I take back what i said

I did all Brembo on my motorcycles and I thought that was a lot of money. $4000.00 on our trucks is a hell of a lot of money.

Bill.

1. I was under the impession the 05's had brembos from the factory.

2. I figured since my truck was not a daily driver and I've got to paint the caliper anyway might as well do the right thing. she only deserves the best

well simple enough, just take the calipers apart and use a DA sander with varying grades/grits of sandpaper to bring them down to a nice even finish. then spray them down with brake parts cleaner and make sure they're nice and dry and paint them!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back