SNOW?

Prof said:
I think the Chamber of Commerce has sold everyone on the fact that all winters are wonderful here, except that every year is an exception to the rule!

Maybe they like digging their car out of 3 foot of snow.

Snow is starting late here, good for me since I got my truck late in the year. But I took her in Friday for a wash and wax and tomorrow she goes in the stall for the winter :banghead:

Sure gonna miss cruisin around. But I couldn't stand the thoughts of deicer and rocks!

Well, that's what I get for living in Montana.......no Harley and no truck for a while, makes ya really look forward to spring, but in the meantime I can hotrod my tractor with the snowblower :D

SNEAK IN ONE MORE DRIVE, EVERYONE. Course you southern boys'll be just smilin and cruisin on!! :congrats:

If it's still this nice, this late in the year.... Sorry, Roy. You are in for a WHOPPER of a winter. :eek: :( Indian Summers are great... until they are OVER.

Prof said:
At my age all winters are severe!

I'm told that the last three winters here have been pretty rough...but that is what they told me in the late '70s when I was here for three years...

I think the Chamber of Commerce has sold everyone on the fact that all winters are wonderful here, except that every year is an exception to the rule!

I heard that!! Gets a little harder every year to get suited up and move that white stuff out of the way. Now I know why everyone goes South when they get older. Scrape and sweep before work, scrape and sweep leaving work, clear the drive so you can get to work:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

My Dad is 79 and he solved the problem....hooks his blue water boat to his trailer and goes to Port Aransis (sp?) every year and fishes all winter but it ain't that far from OKlahoma.

Best wishes, Prof, loan ya my snowblower:D

Still snowing here, should be pretty cold walk in the morning

Prof said:
At my age all winters are severe!

I'm told that the last three winters here have been pretty rough...but that is what they told me in the late '70s when I was here for three years...

First time I ever experienced snow was in Great Lakes....marched in it, stood at attention in it for hours, ran in it, shoveled it and fell in it. :mad:

The second time was 5 years later when I visited Great Lakes again!:mad: :mad:

Both times were the worst winters on record...or so they say!:marchmellow:
I miss it!;) This 80 degree weather is getting old!:p :p :p

KRAZYSRT10 said:
First time I ever experienced snow was in Great Lakes....marched in it, stood at attention in it for hours, ran in it, shoveled it and fell in it. :mad:

The second time was 5 years later when I visited Great Lakes again!:mad: :mad:

Both times were the worst winters on record...or so they say!:marchmellow:
I miss it!;) This 80 degree weather is getting old!:p :p :p

Your last comment is going to bring bad Karma! Your next assignment will be Great Lakes again...but it will warm my heart to have you living close again!

includemeout said:
Let it snow , let it snow, let it snow :rock: :rock: :p :D :D :D :D

Got the snow blower oil changed and got the Pirelli Sotto's on the daily driver...so I am as ready as possible...this has been a very long summer...snow flurries forecast for Thanksgiving...over the past three years here in Illinois we have had major snow falls on December 1st...expecting it again this year.

Drove the truck for a couple of hours yesterday hope to do so again today...

Cruster said:
Snow is starting late here, good for me since I got my truck late in the year. But I took her in Friday for a wash and wax and tomorrow she goes in the stall for the winter :banghead:

Sure gonna miss cruisin around. But I couldn't stand the thoughts of deicer and rocks!

Well, that's what I get for living in Montana.......no Harley and no truck for a while, makes ya really look forward to spring, but in the meantime I can hotrod my tractor with the snowblower :D

SNEAK IN ONE MORE DRIVE, EVERYONE. Course you southern boys'll be just smilin and cruisin on!! :congrats:

Now this is a SNOWBLOWER young man.;) :D

http://www.popsci.com/node/30913

We had snow a month ago. Illinois guys are spoiled with easy winters :D

Attachments

• IMG_4422.JPG
    IMG_4422.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4423.JPG
    IMG_4423.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4424.JPG
    IMG_4424.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4425.JPG
    IMG_4425.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 21
mopar_mudder said:

The guys from Northern Wisconsin only have three seasons:

Early winter, Late winter, and next winter.

Hi Prof, If I remember correctly your son lives in Highlands Ranch? Winter(?) here so far as been a piece of cake! Love how we can get 12-18 ins & its gone 2-3 days ltr! Sure as hell not like my days back in central Wi. I take the 10 out now & then, need to drive it more just cuz its so much fun & actually get better mileage than I do with my HEMI! Heres hoping you don't get snowed OR froze in, remember what sleetstorms like back there.

Robert, I hope the Colorado winter is good to you this year. We miss having you around.

Son did live in Highlands Ranch, still owns it but it is rented. They moved to Parker...

Hope your life is getting back on track after your loss. I know living close to your son has to be good!

Prof, life is getting better after moving back to Co, wish Karen could have made trip in person rather than spirit, but things didn't work that way. All 3 of our sons live in Denver area & I am now a Grandpa, got a little grandaughter 13 mos old. Christmas lookin better than ever in a long time. Best wishes to you & yours for a happy holiday season.

mopar_mudder said:

Well, we had snow 4-6 inches a month ago but amazingly it all melted. Usually doesn't this time of year, but we got a little breather.

I'd be afraid to start that bad boy that Silverback posted:D Torque your ass right out in the d r i f t:D :D :D

Cruster said:
Well, we had snow 4-6 inches a month ago but amazingly it all melted. Usually doesn't this time of year, but we got a little breather.

I'd be afraid to start that bad boy that Silverback posted:D Torque your ass right out in the d r i f t:D :D :D

I miss my truck already:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back