So, how do these things...

ScottVa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
handle in the snow? Guys, be careful this weekend in the mid atlantic and NE.

2 wheel drive, fastest prod. truck, 500 hp, lets see ..............no not so good.

Any wet conditions are very hazardous in our trucks...be very careful...this site is full of bad experiences just from wet pavement...

I carry a constant reminder in my truck:

IMG_0042.jpg

Woody exited a car wash...in dry weather, but with wet tires...

Rest in Peace Woody!!!

ScottVa said:
handle in the snow? Guys, be careful this weekend in the mid atlantic and NE.

DONT DO IT. You WILL wreck.

Been way to many posts about crashes in snow or ice. These things belong parked in the winter.
Luckly I live in FL so mine is year round. :D

Drive something else or be light - very light on the throttle... The back end'll try'n get away from ya quite readily.

D

Got caught in Dayton Ohio 2 yrs ago. had about 4 to 6" overnite. Truck handled it well, just had to be cautious.

like any other sports car....try driving a mustang gt in 7" of snow.

my qc was like 4 wheel drive compared to that.

i started off in 3rd and quick shifted to 4th. i found that keeping it in 4th in my mustang and flooring it to let it spin then backing off was actually best. the traction control actually made it worse.

scoobert said:
its going to miss us completely! damn just fixed the plow 3 weeks or so ago, no new snow.

It don't hurt my feellings at all. The wheeller is in the garage ready to go. I'd rather keep it there if I can:rock:

mine handles great in the snow this is how you do it.. i first take the 10 and drive it into the garage when i get the feeling of snow coming.. then i take the wife's avalanche and start the 10 every couple of weeks and sit in it for a while enjoying music letting her run.. then shutting it down and taking the avalance out till spring :D works great never have any problem with the 10 that way in the snow and ice. plus it never gets any of that nasty salt on it to destroy the paint :)

:dito: :dito:
redice2 said:
mine handles great in the snow this is how you do it.. i first take the 10 and drive it into the garage when i get the feeling of snow coming.. then i take the wife's avalanche and start the 10 every couple of weeks and sit in it for a while enjoying music letting her run.. then shutting it down and taking the avalance out till spring :D works great never have any problem with the 10 that way in the snow and ice. plus it never gets any of that nasty salt on it to destroy the paint :)

:dito: :dito:

scoobert said:
thats because it had no wing. where did the wing go anyhow? didnt know you could take them off the covers.
When I bought my 10 it had a cover and no wing on it. I got the wing from the previous owner and put it on the cover. Drill holes, put fender washers on the underside, and there you go.:burnout:

I've never had and probably never will drive mine in any snow deeper than 2 or 3 inches. I've driven it in light slush and on hard pack and ice. Be careful on packed snow or ice. And forget about using first gear, start out in second.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back