so that work truck i bought...

Come on man, that can't be the only thing. How about the box frame, the front facia, and that killer interior color?

They just hate cause they have bug eyed 04-05s. Dans oponion is basically irreverent being he has no clue what HE even likes... Plus there aren't enough 06s for you a$$holes any way...

Oh and take some better pics dan, the ones I seen, the rims were a bit brighter. I also agree with Chris...You asked me about the color before you had them done and I said more gold...Buuuuuutt TRUCK LOOKS KILLER.

Last edited:
I think it looks pretty good. Had a friend in North Carolina that had his 06 QC all blacked out and it looked good. But, didnt like the interior. He liked my 05 interior more. He put way too much unnecessary money into getting the engine bay looking nice when his truck was falling apart.
I love the 04-05 look not so keen on the huge 06 head lights. But yours looks pretty good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, the interior on the 04-05's are nice too, but too simple IMO. Maybe I'm just being bias though cuz I own an 06. :D

I just cant see the excitement for the 04/05 interior...I purchased an 06 just for the interior and the center console (i love the look of it)...just me

I would agree that the oem headlights suck (but money can fix almost anything)

When I find $500 laying around I am getting these to fix the problem

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Anzo Headlights - Projector Halos, LED, Crystal & CCFL - Shop Now

I just cant see the excitement for the 04/05 interior...I purchased an 06 just for the interior and the center console (i love the look of it)...just me

I would agree that the oem headlights suck (but money can fix almost anything)

When I find $500 laying around I am getting these to fix the problem

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Anzo Headlights - Projector Halos, LED, Crystal & CCFL - Shop Now

We have a vendor here on the forum, be sure to check his stuff out also..Retroshop. You can also Do it yourself. If I actually do mine this winter I will post up..Check out doing a set of 2008 headlights...The 08s don't have the amber bar along the bottom to begin with but are almost just like the 06s and fit perfect.

We have a vendor here on the forum, be sure to check his stuff out also..Retroshop. You can also Do it yourself. If I actually do mine this winter I will post up..Check out doing a set of 2008 headlights...The 08s don't have the amber bar along the bottom to begin with but are almost just like the 06s and fit perfect.

Thanks for the tip! (no I do not want to do mine...I am a big fan of removing OEM and putting those parts in a box and buying replacements...I know its probably foolish but I want my truck to be able to be put back to stock in 20 years when they are worth $100K (ha)

Thanks for the tip! (no I do not want to do mine...I am a big fan of removing OEM and putting those parts in a box and buying replacements...I know its probably foolish but I want my truck to be able to be put back to stock in 20 years when they are worth $100K (ha)

I was actually going to toss in the idea of having the origional set but most guys think that's silly, it not a bad idea to keep the origional stuff, im with ya!! The parts on our trucks get more scarce and expensive each year.

In the end that's really all that's gonna matter. All the modding and all the power adding isn't gonna add one cent to the value of your truck like stock will. That's why I am doing my 6 speed conversion with all stock parts. Hoping to have the fun I want with it now, but keeping it true to it's QC self even if it's got RC stock parts. I'm sure someone will find some value in it, thinking this is how some QC's should of come from the factory as an option. Not just auto.

I was actually going to toss in the idea of having the origional set but most guys think that's silly, it not a bad idea to keep the origional stuff, im with ya!! The parts on our trucks get more scarce and expensive each year.

That's cause a certain someone is busy buying them all up. .......

I just don't see these ever jumping in value like old muscle cars did. They jumped way back in 1986 or so. Nothing made since 1975 has jumped like that since then AND stayed up. The 50-60s was like living on a different world, those vehicles have a deeper meaning than modern vehicles.

Just my. .02

I just don't see these ever jumping in value like old muscle cars did. They jumped way back in 1986 or so. Nothing made since 1975 has jumped like that since then AND stayed up. The 50-60s was like living on a different world, those vehicles have a deeper meaning than modern vehicles.

Just my. .02

One example to prove this statement wrong is the 2005 Ford GT, they currently go for $50k + more than they sold for brand new. Hell there was a wrecked one going for new sticker price on ebay last week.

One example to prove this statement wrong is the 2005 Ford GT, they currently go for $50k + more than they sold for brand new. Hell there was a wrecked one going for new sticker price on ebay last week.

Another example are the Chevy 454SS trucks. I've seen clean trucks sell for more than they did new.

Another example are the Chevy 454SS trucks. I've seen clean trucks sell for more than they did new.

Seen one around my local orange box store. It's far from mint. He uses it for daily construction work. Guy told me he totaled his first SS454 then bought the one His brother had.

I knew someone would find one, of course there will be other super niche vehicles. And just because some auction lists or even ends at a certain price doesn't mean that the cash actually changed hands.

What i was trying to say is, a 5k car in 1969 can be sold for 100, 200, 300+k now (not even talking about million dollar cars ). At that rate our trucks would have to sell at 900k just on the low end for an original low mileage or correctly restored example.

I don't see any mustangs, camaros, firebirds, gnxs, Dayton turbo zs, corvettes, vipers or lightnings going that for any model year of the past 40 years .

Of course something is only worth what someone will pay for it, I just don't see it. Of course i want the value to go up, that's the only way new parts become cost effective to make. Just because something is built in limited numbers doesn't turn it into a 68 hemi roadrunner ( yes, I prefer them to hemi cudas)

Like I said before, just my. 02

think of it this way, in 1974 if you saw the tail lights of a Plymouth mid size car in a parking lot your first thought wasn't "is that a belvedere or maybe a satellite? ". No, it was "is that a roadrunner? ".
I love Zilla, but she doesn't have the character or soul my charger had. Maybe it's because I'm just old.

If the average person sees a ram or f150 in a parking lot, their 1st thought isn't "is that a srt10 or lightning? "

Just my. .02

At work, takes a long time to type

I didn't say they couldn't go up in value, I said I didn't think that they would jump in value like old muscle cars did. Depending on the car, 60s values jumped 10-20 TIMES in value and that's not counting the super rare cars

At work, takes a long time to type

I didn't say they couldn't go up in value, I said I didn't think that they would jump in value like old muscle cars did. Depending on the car, 60s values jumped 10-20 TIMES in value and that's not counting the super rare cars

Late 60's muscle cars have almost 40 years on our trucks. They weren't worth anything in the late 70s when they were only 10 years old either. Give it another 30 years and someone's stock low mileage SRT-10 will be worth a lot more than it was originally priced.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back