some race pics of my CMC stang last weekend

Dave T(BADVENM)

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heres a few pics of my '86 Mustang in the Comp-School (kind of like our final exam after 3 hours of discussion and a few times on the track practicing standing and flying starts, etc). I had to take to get my provisional race license. In this group I'm with 944s, Spec Miatas, etc.

When I race for points in the Camaro-Mustang Challenge Series my competition will be strickly Mustangs and Camaros...possibly some Trans-Ams (V8 powered baby!).

The car isnt real pretty right now but its legal to race and get points toward the championship. We'll clean her up a bit before our next race in May.

Attachments

• CMC pic 1.jpg
    CMC pic 1.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 38
  • CMC pic 2.jpg
    CMC pic 2.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 36
  • CMC pic 3.jpg
    CMC pic 3.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 29
  • CMC pic 4.jpg
    CMC pic 4.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 41
  • CMC pic 5.jpg
    CMC pic 5.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 28
  • CMC pic 6.jpg
    CMC pic 6.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 28
  • CMC pic 7.jpg
    CMC pic 7.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 38
  • CMC pic 8.jpg
    CMC pic 8.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 23
We have 10 cars in CMC. 5 were running, 1 blew a motor and 4 didnt race for whatever reason. Of the 5 cars running I was last (as I expected given limited seat time in the car and very little money spent on suspension/brake upgrades).

But, in the overall points race after 1 event I am in 5th place, 1 point behind the 4th place guy.

We're limited to 230 horsepower (crank I think) and a minimum of 3150 pounds. I'm well under the max horsepower and well under the minimum weight...with me in the car its 2885 pounds). We've gotta add some balast in the car (cant be behind the driver or passenger) to get the weight up.

Its a whole different game then when I was running the truck in the HPDE 3 group last year. Mindset for me and my teamate is to just finish every race and accumulate points.

We're trying to figure out weaknesses in the car right now so we can address them (more money) next year (suspension, brakes, etc).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back