Soon to be owner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGuyver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I went and saw the QC I've been wanting to get. However, because it was such a long drive away and so late at night I forgot a couple of things. I wanted to see how comfortable it is in the back for someone over 6'2", as well as see how much room is left for the front passenger when there is a car seat behind them. Problem is the guy lives about 5 hours from me, and I have barely enough time to make it the halfway distance I did last night.

So I was wondering if there is anyone with an 06 QC that lives near the Fort Meade MD area that would let me 'test fit' everything for about 5~10 minutes. I don't mind driving a little to meet up but anything past about 45 minutes away is going to be too far for now.

NickGuyver said:
Last night I went and saw the QC I've been wanting to get. However, because it was such a long drive away and so late at night I forgot a couple of things. I wanted to see how comfortable it is in the back for someone over 6'2", as well as see how much room is left for the front passenger when there is a car seat behind them. Problem is the guy lives about 5 hours from me, and I have barely enough time to make it the halfway distance I did last night.

So I was wondering if there is anyone with an 06 QC that lives near the Fort Meade MD area that would let me 'test fit' everything for about 5~10 minutes. I don't mind driving a little to meet up but anything past about 45 minutes away is going to be too far for now.

Well, I live about 3-4 hrs away, and I have an 05 not an 06 (I'm not sure there is that much difference in cab room) but I can tell you it is not very comfy in the back for someone 6'2 for long periods of time (I'm 6'2 and rode back there for 3 hrs after getting a little intoxicated at a Redskins game), and the car seat thing depends of whether it is front or rear facing. Rear facing the passenger won't have a lot of room. My daughter's is front facing and my wife at 5'7 has what she says is plenty of room on passenger side. Now, if I can only get her to quit kicking the back of the seat with her dirty little shoes...;)

If you want to see for yourself I'm sorry I'm not much help. Is there a cab size difference on a reg 06 Ram? Maybe someone can chime in here....

I have a QC and I am 6ft and have np in the back I believe you will be ok as far as a car seat can not help you there because kids were older when I got it but I am looking to buy another so if that tells you anything

a qc sux for someone over 6 ft tall. they just arent built for full grown folks. i had two teenage boys 15 and 17 in mine and its full. im 6'4" and there knees would be in the back of the seat

unionmanofsteel said:
I have a QC and I am 6ft and have np in the back I believe you will be ok as far as a car seat can not help you there because kids were older when I got it but I am looking to buy another so if that tells you anything
Buy another kid or truck?:D

im 6'1" and had 2 car seats in the back when i had it. the back seats are basically useless. which is why the new rams are so much better being a true crew cab. but my wife has an suv so it was a rare occasion the there were car seats in the back. not a great family car if thats what you looking for.
if you want fun and family, buy a RC and then buy a cheap 4 dr sedan for when its needed

Well, any QC Ram 2002-2008 will be the same room.. You could ask one of the millions that are around any street...

The QC in a dodge is pretty much considered an extended cab for most other truck makers! Not a big back seat at all!

kickinassrt-10 said:
The QC in a dodge is pretty much considered an extended cab for most other truck makers! Not a big back seat at all!

Yea, its like I always told customers for the many years before the 09s came out... I don’t drive from the back seat.

Daughter had a 6'2' boyfriend that fit very nicely in the back seat.....

(would have preferred to see him under the truck, but oh well)

Bro you are right by me, I'm in glen burnie. My friend drove mine he is 6'4 300 lbs and said it was nice for him. If you wanna meet up one day let me know.

Well I may not be getting this truck now. The deal has gone pretty sketchy and I'm going to end up having to find one elsewhere. Anyone know anybody selling an 06 QC at a dealership? I already scour ebay, autotrader, carmax, cars, and vehix .com. I'm looking to spend less than 25k and get a decent value on my trade-in, dealing with private sellers has been too much of a headache... and delaying me getting a truck. Dealing with dealerships has been just as bad in a different way, since they never want to negotiate...

Hatedonmostly, did you get your truck just outside the Ft Meade gates? I remember seeing a black RC at a dealership for a couple weeks, it has to be a QC for me.

Last edited:
Stick with it Nick...it might take a month or so...but you will find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back