Sorry Wifey, Football does not suck.

Silverback

Supporting Member
Reaction score
GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- The Indianapolis Colts will face the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI on Feb. 4 in Miami. As has been true for over 30 years, Americans continue to name football as their favorite sport. But never before has a higher percentage named football, or any other sport, as its favorite since Gallup first asked this question in 1937. While football ranks as the top sport for Americans in every major demographic group, there are some differences in preference for various sports among men and women, younger and older adults, and those living in different regions of the country.

Americans' Favorite Sport

The Dec. 11-14, 2006, poll asked Americans to identify, without prompting, their "favorite sport to watch." Forty-three percent mention football, more than three times the percentage mentioning any other sport. Basketball, at 12%, and baseball, at 11%, are next. Four percent of Americans name auto racing and 3% each say golf and figure skating. Twelve percent of Americans say they do not have a favorite sport.

Each of the three times Gallup asked the question between 1937 and 1960, baseball ranked as Americans' favorite sport. By 1972, football overtook baseball, and the former has remained at the top ever since. Meanwhile, basketball has gained in popularity, and since 2000 has either been tied with or ranked ahead of baseball in every poll.

The percentage of Americans who say football is their favorite sport to watch (43%) is higher now than at any other time. The previous high point was 38% in 1981 and 1992. In recent years, before the increase this year, roughly one in three Americans have said football is their favorite sport.

Silverback said:
GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- The Indianapolis Colts will face the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI on Feb. 4 in Miami. As has been true for over 30 years, Americans continue to name football as their favorite sport. But never before has a higher percentage named football, or any other sport, as its favorite since Gallup first asked this question in 1937. While football ranks as the top sport for Americans in every major demographic group, there are some differences in preference for various sports among men and women, younger and older adults, and those living in different regions of the country.

Americans' Favorite Sport

The Dec. 11-14, 2006, poll asked Americans to identify, without prompting, their "favorite sport to watch." Forty-three percent mention football, more than three times the percentage mentioning any other sport. Basketball, at 12%, and baseball, at 11%, are next. Four percent of Americans name auto racing and 3% each say golf and figure skating. Twelve percent of Americans say they do not have a favorite sport.

Each of the three times Gallup asked the question between 1937 and 1960, baseball ranked as Americans' favorite sport. By 1972, football overtook baseball, and the former has remained at the top ever since. Meanwhile, basketball has gained in popularity, and since 2000 has either been tied with or ranked ahead of baseball in every poll.

The percentage of Americans who say football is their favorite sport to watch (43%) is higher now than at any other time. The previous high point was 38% in 1981 and 1992. In recent years, before the increase this year, roughly one in three Americans have said football is their favorite sport.
I find solice in the fact that at least 57% of the Americans are still fucking normal and have at least 2 brain cells :D :p ;) :rock:

Football sucks 57% !!!!! :D :D :star: :2in1:

v8eater said:
So... there's nothing more fun than watching big sweaty men in tight pants bending over?:dontknow:

I'll pass....:p
Classic ...... the only true answer :D

TheSickness said:
So according to Wifey football sucks.............:idea: Now she has something in common with her statement :D :p
And Mikey is his name :p :p :p :D

Actually it has been stated that Football SUCXX 57% :rock:

You are in the 43 percentile - now run off and slap some guy on the ass and don't forget your foreskin:D , oh, I mean pigskin ;) :D :p

Wifey said:
Actually it has been stated that Football SUCXX 57% :rock:

You are in the 43 percentile - now run off and slap some guy on the ass and don't forget your foreskin:D , oh, I mean pigskin ;) :D :p
I have a 5skin........................Boner :p

TheSickness said:
I have a 5skin........................Boner :p
Amazing I could have forgot with that 10 pounder and all :star: :D

TheSickness said:
Not just any 10 pounder Baby............10 Lbs of " Swinging Fury " !!!!!!!!!!:rock:
............................... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back