Sound clip request!

Blacksnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have a stock exhaust with electric cutouts on it that could share a video?

I heard cut outs and it sounds like shit. Keep your money. The problem is that we have two sets of cats. The first set is right off the manifold collectors, and there is no room for cut outs. Now if you have cat delete it might be ok, but your truck will be super loud anyway without them. Another problem with cut outs is they disturb the flow of gases which is not good either. One last thing, they start to leak after a while.

sleeper said:
I heard cut outs and it sounds like shit. Keep your money. The problem is that we have two sets of cats. The first set is right off the manifold collectors, and there is no room for cut outs. Now if you have cat delete it might be ok, but your truck will be super loud anyway without them. Another problem with cut outs is they disturb the flow of gases which is not good either. One last thing, they start to leak after a while.

I am going to put them after the stock cats so it is just bypassing the mufflers. As far as it disturbing the flow I thought about that but if it robs me of a little horse power than I am ok with that as long as it doesn't hurt the motor. The issue with them leaking after awhile, do you think it will be enough to mess with emission testing?

Thanks

I don't think it will hurt emission testing if they are put in after the cats. They will sound crappy and raspy though. They aren't worth the money or trouble. It will make your truck sound like it has blown out mufflers thats all. If you want your truck to rumble good just delete the rear cats and put on a good set of mufflers or get a magnaflow cat back system. Headers will help a little also.

I have been wanting to put in electric cutouts on my system. I have the B&B long tubes with a custom streight 3 inch dual exhaust. Any body have something similar? I might just go ahead and do it. just to test it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back