SOUND DEADENING FOR R/C

nycstev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done any sound deadening?
Im trying to cut down the noise so I can enjoy the music more. Right now I have BB HF cats w/ catback. I'm contacting them (BB)for advice possibly to install some resonators or resonator tips.
Also would like to improve the sound quality inside the cab. There are some mats available http://www.sounddeadener.com/ but was wondering if anyone has gone this route :eek:

Thanks

Steve

I used Raammat... --> LINK on suggestions from SRT-11 and car audio forums.

This stuff works good but it is a messy install!! Just make sure you take your time when doing it. Took me about two days to do the front two doors, back wall, and under the back seat. I can tell where the raammat is not used!

I will see if I can find some pics...

Here are some pics... When doing the doors you are suppose to do the inside of the door and the part where the door panel connects. I used stainless gutter mesh to cover the big holes.

install07.jpg

install16.jpg

install18.jpg

install19.jpg

amtrucker22 said:
I used Raammat... --> LINK on suggestions from SRT-11 and car audio forums.

This stuff works good but it is a messy install!! Just make sure you take your time when doing it. Took me about two days to do the front two doors, back wall, and under the back seat. I can tell where the raammat is not used!

I will see if I can find some pics...

Thanks Paul. Pics would be great. Is there any type of factory sound proof to begin with in these RC's?

I did the front two doors, back wall, and under the back seat. It is good stuff but very messy and hard to clean up (I think most sound deadner is this way). I would recommend it if you have patience and a couple of days. You might want to go the resonator route though. It would be easier (just pay someone :))

The rumble of the magnaflows, the crackle of the cat delete, and the Whoooooooooooop, Whoooooooooooooop, Whooooooooooooop, of the Roe Supercharger is the music I listen to...

From time to time I can hear some notes from "Smoke on the Water", or Eric's "Cocaine"....but that is only background music...

i'v never used sounbd deadning...but i have on my 092 fordranger that was baged and body droped... went to autozone and got those cheap cans of bed liner and did the inside with that and it made a diffrence

Prof said:
The rumble of the magnaflows, the crackle of the cat delete, and the Whoooooooooooop, Whoooooooooooooop, Whooooooooooooop, of the Roe Supercharger is the music I listen to...

From time to time I can hear some notes from "Smoke on the Water", or Eric's "Cocaine"....but that is only background music...

Ditto!!:rock:

there are weeks i drive around that the radio is not even turned on. she do make some sweet music:rock: :rock: :rock:

:posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe: :posthoe:
atikovi said:
I never thought I'd see the day when an SRT-10 owner would say their truck is TOO loud. Gettin a little soft are we?

I will trade you! My setup. I can here the tunes fine!!:rock: It would have to be a complete setup tho! block back, "trade" I'll pay shipping:D :D

I have the entire inside of my cab lined with dyna mat. When I want to hear the exhaust rumble more, I just open the back window. I love it and it helps when you wanna listen to the tunes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back