Sound System Upgrade

blackviper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting around to upgrading the sound system. Anyone know what the speaker sizes are? System suggestions or tried and trued stuff would be greatly appreciated.

I went Kicker OEM replacement. Couldn't be happier. Sub with Amp, Speaker Amp, Rear Door, Front Door, Dash,... Then entire package... Night and Day Diff. :D

just ordered new speakers, yesturday. went with JL audio

tweeters
6x9 doors
6x9 behind seats

left everything else factory, cheap upgrade. will get installed in a few weeks, truck is in storage.

i went on crutchfield they said on the 06 the dash speakers are 3-1/2", front door are 6x9", and the back are 6-1/2"

I just purchased Mopar's Kicker system, 77KICK11 and 77KICK32. I plan on leaving the stock sub box/speaker and amp in place and replacing the speaker amp with a spare Kicker I had from my Maggie. I am also replacing the center channel speaker with a Chrysler LX Kicker (not part of the 77KICK11 package). It needs to quit snowing and warm up around here before I do the install. Maybe in March...

Thanks for the info guys. Does the entire Kicker system upgrade just improve the clarity or does it do both, improved clarity and increase volume. If so, I may just end up going in that direction. It sounds like it's worth the money.

Why spend the money on a kicker upgrade when you can replace the entire system for about the same with higher quality? JL Audio has always been some of my favorite speakers. I went with the infinity Kappa because they are probably some of the best speakers you can get for the money. The sound awesome and very clear.
I put 3.5" Kappa in the dash and 6x9" 3 way kappa in the front doors on a jl e4300 amp. Sounds so damn good and clear I have yet to put speakers in the rear doors. Another member did similar and was very happy with the final product. Jl 10" w3 sub in the factory box and it sounds amazing.
All on a Kenwood excelon hu and have not been able to turn it past about 26 out of 35 it sounds that great.

blackviper said:
Thanks for the info guys. Does the entire Kicker system upgrade just improve the clarity or does it do both, improved clarity and increase volume. If so, I may just end up going in that direction. It sounds like it's worth the money.

It does Both... Can't tell you how much I like mine. The Kicker Amps just seem to do better than the OEM as well..

JL Audio is the way to go. All of their stuff is top notch/top of the line.

I have enough product here to do a few systems and i would like to get all of it out my way if your interested?

WOLFRAM said:
What brand/size speakers you got?
What do you need i can get you what ever you want?

--------------------------------------------------------------

The alpine head unit comes withers removable gps its was in my truck for a month i also have the eq/crossover/5.1 surround possessor/ punch of other stuff i cant use.
The jbl amp is a referb it was going in the power wagon i just got lazy
The bottom speakers are kicker ss 8"mid bass ONLY.

The power 500 are 2 channels.

I also have alpine v12 4 channel used. power 1000 used 2 L5 SOLOBARICS used for a short time . old rockford 2 channel 250

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back