Sound system

MacccDaddy

Reaction score
So I've been noticing that I have to have the stereo above 22 to really get good sound. :dontknow:

I know there is a TSB for the amplifiers, but am not sure if this is it. I turned it down to 15 and it is barely audible and anything under 10 is inaudible. Does this sound right to you? I wouldn't think I'd need to max it out to crank AC/DC at a good sound level? It doesn't seem to sound any louder than my 03 hemi QC with the infinity audio.

Thanks in advance for the opines, and happy 4th weekend!

Beers on!

You have to upgrade the soud system...This is what i did with mine...

Attachments

• amp rack 1.JPG
    amp rack 1.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 611
  • head rest tv.JPG
    head rest tv.JPG
    436.9 KB · Views: 359
  • head unit.JPG
    head unit.JPG
    439.8 KB · Views: 266
  • sub box.JPG
    sub box.JPG
    437.5 KB · Views: 2,407
Killer Stereo

When I was Houston last week, I rode in Anthony's(Venom Power) silver truck.
He keps it perfect.

He has a killer, kick-ass stereo. Both in looks and sound. Cristal clear highs and really tight bass.
The custom install is visually very clean with everything looking great.
All components custom mounted in hand built enclosures.

Maybe he will put some details and pictures up.

Yeah that sounds like a symptom of the failing amps. In my truck i noticed that the music would get quieter and i would have to keep turning it up till it was maxed out. One thing that i noticed that was odd, when the truck was on along the with stereo with the volume set low. If you were to induce an electric load onto the system this will make a pop or static noise out of the center speaker.(ie switch on lights or a/c blower) After i got the amps replaced, now it seems that the rear center speaker is blown. I have to keep the bass turned down way past the middle and i still get distorted bass from the speaker. I'm gonna try stuffin it with polyfill to see if that helps , if not i'll just make a box out of wood and replace it with a decent jL 8" sub. If your still under warranty, get those amps replaced.

1-FAST-SRT-10 said:

I got more TVs than you :p 4 TVs + AVIC N2, you need more TVs :)

MacccDaddy said:
It doesn't seem to sound any louder than my 03 hemi QC with the infinity audio.

Keep in mind that sound system power is not linear - it's logarithmic (like the response of your ear). A 500-watt system is not twice as loud as a 250-watt system.

Doubling the amplifier power only gives you a +3dB increase in SPL. That's not much. To double the perceived loudness of a system, the system power must increase by a factor of 10.

So if your Hemi system had anything more than 50-watts, I wouldn't expect the SRT-10 system to give you much additional volume. The extra power is really only good for headroom, which gives you a little more protection from distortion for peaks.

1-FAST-SRT-10 said:

WOW man the racing stripes on the sub box and amp rack gave me goosebumps..

I don't have a lot of space in a RC to be that elaborate but like Fast Jack said mine
is clean for the space I was afforded. I was surprised how deep and tight the bass was.
I think a lot should be credited to the JL Audio W6 subs. They provide a heck of a punch
with those damn massive magnets they have.

I know now that Fast Jack will do something special in his when he gets that beast back. Here are the pictures you asked for Jack.

TheSetup.jpg

W6.jpg

VTCoA121.jpg

VTCoA120.jpg

VTCoA118.jpg

VTCoA117.jpg

VTCoA116.jpg

VTCoA115.jpg

VTCoA114.jpg

VTCoA112.jpg

VTCoA113.jpg

VTCoA123.jpg

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
WOW man the racing stripes on the sub box and amp rack gave me goosebumps..

I don't have a lot of space in a RC to be that elaborate but like Fast Jack said mine
is clean for the space I was afforded. I was surprised how deep and tight the bass was.
I think a lot should be credited to the JL Audio W6 subs. They provide a heck of a punch
with those damn massive magnets they have.

I know now that Fast Jack will do something special in his when he gets that beast back. Here are the pictures you asked for Jack.

TheSetup.jpg

W6.jpg

VTCoA121.jpg

VTCoA120.jpg

VTCoA118.jpg

VTCoA117.jpg

VTCoA116.jpg

VTCoA115.jpg

VTCoA114.jpg

VTCoA112.jpg

VTCoA113.jpg
You got a pretty nice set up there !
I am changing all the equipement next week ,i was waiting for my new head unit for a month now (Nakamichi IN-DV7).
But im keeping the same amp rack and sub box ,will post pics next week ,it will be all Cerwin Vega .

Anthony,
Thanks for putting those pics up. He knows I really am a ZZ TOP fan from the get in the 70's.
I will lhave lots of room in my truck for equipment but do not want it if it weighs more than a bluetooth ear piece.
It will have a Vortex Standard Racing radio.

Cgperry thanks for the great and easy explination of volume vs DB levels.

FSTJACK said:
Anthony,
Thanks for putting those pics up. He knows I really am a ZZ TOP fan from the get in the 70's.

That's right Jack that's why I made sure ZZ Top was playing when I snapped that photo today. It was all for you man.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back